Anyone else just getting sick and tired of Trump

nm

qft

I still hate him for jackhammering the Bonwit Teller building sculptures. Everything since then is just icing on the cake.

You can’t see the cake any more. Damn, that’s a lot of icing.

Great, it would be awesome if the rest of the Democratic Party got that message. So far it doesn’t seem the party has any political imagination beyond removing Trump and returning to the same destructive status quo that has led us to this point.

“Destructive” and “status quo” are mutually incompatible terms, oh new person.

Do you mean instituting the most basic form of national health care, or limiting emissions from power plants and cars and otherwise working to stop climate change, or making the voting booths accessible to more citizens, or do you just mean having a black guy be president?

They are not mutually exclusive terms. The status quo over the past 40 years has been stagnant wages for the working class, skyrocketing cost of living, income inequality rivaling the gilded age, exploding prison populations, crumbling infrastructure, and endless war.

This has been a bipartisan effort and I have zero faith in Democrats doing anything to improve the situation once they get back in power. I fully expect Democrats to throw their base under the bus at first opportunity in a vain attempt to reach across the aisle. (Look how easily the Democratic Party voted to defund ACORN back in 2009 to appease the Republican Party. The destruction of ACORN probably had more to do with the Democratic Party losing than any shenanigans Putin was up to in 2016)

God, it seems like everyone’s sick of Trump now. I was totally sick of him before it was cool, but now all these guys just have to like jump on the bandwagon. It’s so boring. I mean like, duuuh, get a new president to complain about, this one’s like over already.

Trump is so boring now. Like he should totally decapitate the turkey instead of pardoning it on Thanksgiving. Just spray the press with the blood. That or bomb Canada. He just unhinged enough for my tastes.

And how are we going to accomplish shit when the leadership is already searching for ways to kneecap themselves to return to “normalcy?”

Nancy Pelosi Promises Democrats Will Handcuff Democratic Agenda If They Retake the House

What’s not to like about Trump?

He’s more entertaining than Jimmy Carter.
Dumber than Ronald Reagan.
Hotter wife than Bill Clinton.
And fewer wars than the Bushes. But Oh boy! When he start his it will be HUGE, biggest ever!

An insider in the industry has quietly told me that CNN and MSNBC are in behind-the-scenes negotiations to sign him up for another term.

Reality TV. It’s what Americans want.

When you own a china shop that counts among it current residents a bull whose cohones have been slathered in habanero extract, you first concentrate on evicting said bull before you argue over the china patterns of next season.

The problem is that this particular china shop has had multiple bulls go through it in the recent past and management has done nothing but crudely tape together the china afterwards and never bothered to close the front door to prevent future bulls from smashing up the place. At some point, you have to wander if the owners are actually running a china shop or an insurance scam.

I like how this thread, like so many others, reminds us that it’s not Trump’s fault that he’s a catastrophe as a president. It’s the people complaining, outraged, and trying to undo the damage that are the real problem.

If only they would go away and be silent, then we wouldn’t have to hear about the next disaster and everything will be OK.

Yes. That’s why no one in Texas is paying attention to Beto O’Rourke.

kanicbird, did you just get here from the correct timeline? Can you tell me how to get there? Please?

Yes.

The politics of distraction could ruin the best opportunity in years for the Democrats to get the country behind them.

I apologize for being so negative.

What bothers about the obsession with Trump (not that Trump isn’t terrible) is this idea that Trump is an aberration in the Republican Party. The only difference between Trump and most Republican politicians is the vulgarity. Hell, I’m not even convinced Trump is the most corrupt Republican president in my lifetime. The greatest mistake Democrats can make once they get back in power in the next few years is to attempt to reach across the aisle for reconciliation after the disastrous Trump years. I pray that the Obama years have taught us that the Republican party will never act in good faith and must be opposed at every level. Any Democrat who even mutters the word “bipartisanship” should be tarred and feathered. This country may only have one more shot to get this country back on course. If the Democratic Party fails to bring needed reforms like they did in 2006-2010, we may find out that someone much worse than Trump can get elected.