Apology to Ultress

Ultress…Please accept my apology. I did not intend to call you silly nor did I mean to call you an ass. I just wish I could make my fellow southerners see how limiting it is for us to continue to romanticize that war. Just because the people who would condemn us for our southern pride may be in fact a bunch of hypocrites doesn’t mean a thing. We need to be the ones to take the high road. Let them think what they want of us. Let them think we are stupid and bigoted but let’s not do anything to help confirm that notion. Do you understand what I am trying to say? I hope so.

It’s just like the “does God exsist” debate…no matter what a believer may say the others will always come back with big words, a patronizing tone, and scientific back up that we are simply deluding ourselves. Never mind that I CHOOSE to delude myself if that’s what I’m doing. So I don’t address it. How can anyone fully explain to someone what it is like to believe in the divine. That I choose to believe we are all here not by some glitch in nature, or some happy little accident. But that the beauty I see in the world everyday comes from something even more beautiful. How can you make someone see. See that I can’t feel the wind in my face, see the wave of the trees or touch the curve of my child’s cheek without knowing we are not just some lucky little rock stuck out in space with just the right cocktail of elements. It’s just all to complex and perfect not to be touched by something special.

Anyway, I am sorry that I went off on ya! There is plenty of that around here without me falling into that form of communication. I hope you will accept my apology.

Needs2know

bump

Absolutely no need to apologize needs2know. I understand exactly what you are saying and to some point I do agree with you. Usually I do not post to threads about the confederate flag simply because it is a topic that will not be resolved. As far as the “Does God Exist” thread. I didn’t really post there for discussion, I merely posted to let my stand be known. I rarely post to those threads either. But sometimes you just like to let fellow dopers know your feelings.
I really did not take offense at your comments, I am pretty thick-skinned. This is the pit, and we let a lot roll here that we don’t in the other forums. You can’t take it to heart here when you disagree with someone. And I would even venture to say that we’ll exchange some heated words here again, but that’s ok, it keeps things lively.

** Sigh. So many men, so few who can afford me ** Original by Wally

I’ve learned that if someone says something unkind about me, I must live so that no one will believe it.

Homepage: www.superlativeandsassy.com
Interests: surpluses, excesses, abundances, extras, lagniappes
profile by UncleBeer

This is far too civilized to be a Pit thread. Goddam cocksucker felch.

Bite me Matt. I really do like the ‘silly little southern belle ass’ part though. I may use that for a while.

** Sigh. So many men, so few who can afford me ** Original by Wally

I’ve learned that if someone says something unkind about me, I must live so that no one will believe it.

Homepage: www.superlativeandsassy.com
Interests: surpluses, excesses, abundances, extras, lagniappes
profile by UncleBeer

Well hell woman I’ve been calling you that for ages :wink:

But you haven’t been saying it in a ‘southern’ accent little suzie.

Ahh only because it is you that has that sultry southern voice that eats a man heart.

Alright ya trashy canadian wench, if you don’t curse soon they’ll kick your ass outa the Pit

ahhhh bite my ass sistah

I’m nosy as hell.

It is obvious that the two of you, ultress and Sue know each other IRL. Maybe I missed it in a thread, but how did you become friends? I mean Canada and NC is pretty far away from each other.

Diane, its a long and sordid tale. We met in another chat a couple of years ago and last summer we met irl in Virginia. She is hell on wheels!!

That is great! I have a couple of IRL girlfriends that I originally met online. Fortunately, we met on a local message board so we are able to get together easily.

She is hell on wheels? She seems so sweet and innocent. :slight_smile:

Ooops - almost forgot this is the pit.

Ya bunch of cock-knockers and dick-smoochers.

Hey quit talking about her like that :wink: She is no angel… believe me… she corrupted me, lead me astray, almost killed me with the long island ice tea flu.

What an absolute crock of shit. I did not do a thing to you suzie. You come down south and give me a deadly case of Long Island Ice Tea flu and then resort to your little sweet, innocent Canadian facade. Yea, right. I am a sweet, pure and innocent southern belle Diane. Don’t believe a word that she says. Of course I absolutely love men, but that’s not unusual for a woman, right?
Suzie, is there anywhere LEFT on you to bite?

tsk tsk you mangy lil southern wench, you are vicious today…hehe

After 66 hours of work, yep I’m pretty vicious. But I’m still ya best bud.

Hi Ultress…I don’t think we will be exchanging any heated words soon at all. Allow me to explain. My apology was to you was as much for my own benefit as yours. I made a promise to myself when I registered here that I would not resort to the patronizing, name-calling, and hostility that I see on this board so often. For me it’s a real turn off. You could be right as rain, a real Mensa genius with all the factual support of a thousand encyclopedias and if you come across like a pretentious asshole I ain’t gonna hear a word you’re saying. In here, a thread can start out to be very interesting and fun but once it deteriorates to that level, I’m gone. Not interested in hearing a pack of self important pencil dicks try to one up each other. So there you have it.

Also I did apologize because you’re from NC and we’re practically neighbors. I believe in getting along with my neighbors if I can. Hey, can I have one of those Long Island Ice Teas? If not, then I’ll make us a batch of Hairy Navels.

Needs

Wooohooo well hello there needs2know. I have’t seen you around and I was gonna email ya to come back and post but you don’t have an email address so I couldn’t do that. You do have to remember that in the Pit we pretty much turn loose, but in the other forums most posters are pretty calm and witty. I only meant that there may be times we disagree here in the pit. I don’t carry over the pit forum to other forums. Which I notice that some posters do.
Sure you can have a Long Island Ice tea, coming right up. Sit down here in a lawn chair, we’ll be rating Satan’s flames in his thread as soon as he’s done.