Aqua Teen Hunger Force--Que?

pulykamell, a friend of mine just gave me this link, you might like it. :smiley:

ATHF Soundboard

You need to watch it more than once. I thought it was sucky, the first 10 or so, times I saw it.

I have now seen every episode multiple times. In the Adult Swim panoply, it is certainly at the acme. Sealab 2021 seems like they really are grasping for new ideas (in tonight’s Hesh crawls over broken glass, then tacks, then lemon juice, then gets run over by the rest of the crew, then gets brained by the blue buffalo; in last week’s, there was a scene of a news announcer with the headline behind him “Announcer wastes time in 11 minute cartoon”) and Harvey Birdman is so fast moving and so compressed with jokes that it makes your head spin. Both of them can be brilliant – witness tonight’s Birdman about The Jetsons, the one about Inch High PI, the one with Fred Flintstone as “The Dabba Don” or the Sealab where Murph gets a nuke and tries to take out America (led by JFK).

ATHF is a mostly great compromise (although like the others it can be hit or miss, it can be too bloody and too mean, and it can be totally random to the point of incomprehensible or can be joke poor). I find it random, but it is IMHO only a small step beyond the randomness of The Simpsons or South Park. What do we find funny about South Park? Scuzzlebutt has TV’s Patrick Dempsey for a leg. ATHF isn’t any more random than that…

ATHF takes a whole genre of Internet and gamer pop culture which is virtually untapped by South Park and The Simpsons (although some episodes of South Park get close). If you find Fark and Something Awful forum humor funny, then ATHF is right up your alley. The mounds of Atari 2600 humor is the most obvious outlet, although they do slip in things like when Igniknokt says “Plutonians are teh suck”. Other stuff, like 80s music (Foreigner Belt) and child rappers (MC Pee Pants), coupled with the ability to make TV-MA type jokes like South Park make the show quite unique.

What ed said. Took me a loooooooooooong time to get the show, but I love it now. You know what I love? ATHF finally figured out something that shows liek Saturday Night Live have been not getting for years and years. SNL has this formula, where they create the most annoying, abrasive, agressively ignorant character possible, have him annoy normal people for five or ten minutes, and then, at the end of the sketch, nothing happens to them. Master Shake is about the most annoying fictional character ever invented by man. And he gets irratiated, subjected to radical third-world plastic surgery, brain implanted, or consumed by pirrhanas while choking on carbon monoxide after overdosing on sleeping pills. It’s great! He’s completely hateful, and suffers extraordinarily for it! When is Mad TV going to figure out that what people really, really want to see is Mrs. Swan run over by a bus.

Very nice observation, Miller. Although personally, I don’t need it to be a sketch. I’d be just as happy if the actual cast of SNL was run over by a bus.

Follow that dream, Marley.

Hmm. The bus thing might be a little complicated. Do you happen to know where I can get a license to operate heavy machinery, like, say, a steamroller? I’m sure I can find a place that will lend me one.

Just make sure the bus isn’t haunted by Dracula.

Or Assisted Living Dracula, for that matter.

That’s Patrick Duffy.

Unless they changed it.