Are Kellyanne and George Conway declaring a truce?

Both of them are stepping away from their work - her from her role in Trump’s administration, him from his work with the Lincoln Project.

Usually when people claim they are resigning “to spend more time with family” it sounds like an excuse. But in this case, I could believe it. Supposedly it is for their tween and teen kids. One can only imagine how awkward the conversations must get in their house sometimes.

Well, if it helps the kids, more power to them both. But aside from the fact that innocent kids may be caught in the crossfire, I don’t feel especially sympathetic. Though if Kellyanne wants to make a quick buck with a tell-all, HONEST story of her time with Trump, I’ll support that.

Their daughter Claudia, 15, ,said she was filing for emancipation. They’re probably resigning to deal with that.

Wow…I thought you were kidding but she really is.

Pass the popcorn…

I wish their children well. If Kellyanne’s wellbeing is required for that, so be it. Otherwise, fuck her.

More likely it’s the next stage of the grift. I smell a reality show in their future.

Yikes. That Claudia is one scary, fucked-up kid, if the New York Post story is to be believed. (Among other things, she tweeted a request for AOC to adopt her.) Can’t imagine how THAT could happen.

ETA: But it’s not the kid’s fault. Even if she’s a hot mess with oppositional defiant disorder, I still feel sympathy for her.

What? Nothing in that article is scary or disturbing in any way.

Maybe she could move in with Bruce Willis. It’ll be just like “North”…

You don’t think a 15 year old doing the following:

• Tweeting (to her thousands of followers):“I’m officially pushing for emancipation. Buckle up because this is probably going to be public one way or another, unfortunately. Welcome to my life,”
  • “Bashing” her parents continuously on Tik Tok and Twitter
  • Asking AOC to adopt her
  • Publicly calling her mother “selfish” and claiming her mother “ruined her life”
  • Saying “I’m a savage lol”

…is cause for concern?

Admittedly, I suspect the characterization of her mother as selfish and ruining her daughter’s life is most likely true. But those comments should be made to a therapist or guidance counselor, not to the general public via Tweet.

Plus, going for emancipation at age 15 is pretty damn ballsy. Maybe it’s justified. But it’s eyebrow-raising for sure. At least agree with me that the situation is scary, even if you don’t think Claudia’s behavior deserves that word.

Pretty much encapsulates all that can go wrong with social media doesn’t it?
Sounds like little more than rebellious teen problems that are being amplified by an audience

I agree. Sounds like a rebellious teen to me. Nothing unusual.

Asking to be adopted is almost certainly a joke and was not meant seriously.

The rest is just a teen being a teen.

Apparently her parents take it seriously enough that they are both pulling back from their jobs.

To be clear…I meant what she (Claudia) is saying on social media. That’s just teenage griping.

Assuming she is seriously pursuing emancipation from her parents then that is a big deal and understandable if her parents pullback to try to salvage this mess.

If I had Kellyanne as my mother, I’d be filing for emancipation the instant I was legally old enough to. Can you imagine having any sense of right and wrong and knowing what your mother does every day? Teens are hyper-attuned to and resentful of adult hypocrisy.

Agreed. Nothing in the social media itself/alone raises any alarm bells for me. And the only reason we’re taking her talk of emancipation seriously is because her parents are stepping away from their jobs. Without that, I doubt anybody would do more than shrug at that either.

Listening to Mrs conway talk about how she needs more time to devote to homeschool her children really sticks in my craw

Yes, I should have been clearer that all of the tweeting combined with filing for emancipation paints, for me, the picture of an out-of-control kid.

Not that I blame her. If I had Kellyanne for a mother, I’d probably act out too. (But it would have to be more subtle; if there had been Twitter when I was a teen, and I had tweeted anything REMOTELY close to what she’s written, I’d have been knocked sideways from Sunday and had my phone smashed.)

Well…filing for emancipation from her parents is a pretty adult thing to do. Maybe Claudia is out of control and did this to force her parents’ attention on her or maybe her home life is so screwy that she actually made a really rational decision here. Or she is a petulant little shit.

We have no idea at this point. I certainly have no clue but then I really don’t follow this kinda stuff closely. That her parents both decided to step back from their professional lives to deal with this seems a bit encouraging for the family…maybe. I mean, they seem to be taking it seriously and not ignoring it in favor of their jobs.

Do we know that’s the reason for them pulling back from their jobs? I couldn’t read the Post story so I don’t know if it established that.

Not really, no. Especially since AOC adopting her is almost certainly a joke/tongue in cheek. Griping about your parents is about the most stereotypical thing a teenager can do.