Are there parts of the SDMB you don't post in?

Yes: this one.

Great Debates is a wank-fest. I don’t even know what Barnhouse is.

I rarely even read GD, I find it tiresome and I hate politics. I’ve not gone into Barn House lately, and I only occasionally browse the comments bits. ATMB usually rates a once a week visit unless something catches my eye from the main page.

I browse by new posts so I’ll only check to make sure what board I’m in to make sure I’m not making a pit post outside the pit or vice-versa.

Never even opened Barn House. Don’t think I’ve ever posted in CS or comments.

I post everywhere but the Barnhouse.

I used to be uninterested in the Comments forums, but an entertaining number of lunatics regularly show up there.

It is very rare for me to post in the pit or GD. I have not (so far) posted in the barn house.

I avoid Great Debates - I really hate arguing politics and religion.

I don’t visit the Comments on… boards.

I post in the Pit occasionally, but have never pitted a doper or participated in a doper pitting.

I use the Game Room, IMHO, Cafe Society, and MPSIMS mainly.

Joe

I used to stay out of The Pit, but my longest thread to date (over 500) is in there. Profit!

I think I’ve been in the Pit maybe 3 times. Probably read stuff in there 10 times (usu. linked from GD). I’ve never been in the Game Room, almost never read/write anything in ABTM or the 2 Comments forums. IMHO and MPSIMS are at about a 3 on a 10-pt. scale. Almost all my posting/reading is GQ, GD, CS.

ETA: I stand corrected. I just did a search. I have 18 posts in the Pit in total.

I almost never post in About This Message Board or Comments. Hell, I almost never read those threads.

I read GQ rarely, and post in it even more rarely, because it’s very time consuming. I have one or two ideas right now for GQ and my post there have always been well-received, but it takes up so much freaking time–like at least an hour per thread, longer if you actually become involved.

I tend to rotate systematically between IMHO, MPSIMS and the BBQ Pit, with occasional forays into Cafe Society and GQ. Even though I don’t like meanness, I really like the Pit for some reason. There’s a level of honesty there I find refreshing. When deep, intellectual or uplifting conversations happen there, it feels more genuine in a way.

I never read nor post in ATMB, Comments of columns/staff reports or The Barn house. I will post in MPSIMS but it’s the last forum I’ll read.

And, in fact, 3 of them were threads that moved there later. So, only 15 knowing pit threads.

I think I’ve posted in Barnhouse just once, but that’s mostly because my library does not seem to have a copy and I don’t want to talk about a book I’ve not read yet. Other than that I can pop up damned near anywhere else.

I’ve never been to the Barn House. I don’t remember ever going to the Game Room. I very rarely go to the Columns unless something catches my eye from the main page. And I’m a very infrequent guest at GD, GQ and Cafe.

I’m trying to be more well-rounded though, so maybe I’ll get to those other places soon.

I don’t read comments or Barnhouse at all. I rarely go into the About the boards unless i’ve been linked there by a pit thread.

I like to post in IMHO, the Game room, and mundane stuff all the time.
I like to read the GQ, and if i can offer a thought or two, I’ll try to do so.
I read the GD sometimes, only if it’s really interesting, or looks like its going to go to the pit. Or if it’s a thread I’m interested in topic wise.
I read the Pit, because I love reading the pittings and I love the black humor that shows up there. I however RARELY Post in the pit, unless it’s something positive such as when I actually laughed out loud at a joke or something like that- then I’ll give credit where it’s due. Or if my ignorance is ever fought in the Pit. But I don’t pit people or go for the negative stuff.

The easiest way to get me to post- is to ask one of those “Dopers- do you…” sorta polls, I always love to try to answer any general poll question i see, or if there’s a topic on Hinduism asking a question- I’ll try to give my view of things. But other than that, I’m like the leaf in the wind…

I read GQ, GD, CS, GR, IMHO, and MPSIMS every time, although I rarely find more than 1 or 2 posts that interest me in the game room. I’ve only started one pit thread and never go there unless something is pitted in another thread. Every few months if I’m really bored I’ll check out column response rooms. I only go in ATMB if I have a question or when there’s some sort of board problem that I’m wondering when it will be resolved.

ETA: I guess since I didn’t even remember the barnhouse existed it’s obvious I don’t go there :slight_smile: