Are you doing anything out of the ordinary today?

Writing a letter to my husband, whom I live with. He’s at work all the time and I’m quasi-housebound ATM due to a seizure disorder. We thought this might help re-establish some emotional intimacy since we love each other a super lot, but never see one another.

Results pending. :confused:

My girlfriend’s granddaughter is out of school today, so I’m going to teach her to count to ten in Chinese.

I bought a mattress today, not something I do often thankfully.

Did Malcolm go with you? :slight_smile:

I sowed grass seed on the patch of weeds that’s meant to be a lawn, then bought a watering can to water them in, since it was dry and sunny.

An hour after that, there was a torrential hailstorm. Huh.

In just nine hours, I’ll be a new client at a day program for people recovering from or learning to manage their psychiatric issues. I’m a little nervous. The staff I’ve spoken with have been super nice, but I haven’t met any of the clients yet, sooo… We’ll have to see, I suppose. :slight_smile:

Good luck, hon. It was when I joined a day program that I finally began to see some progress and start getting my mental health issues under better control. You can do it!

I probably could really benefit from one of those right now! I didn’t really know it was a thing. My heart is with you, best of luck!

Got into an argument this morning with JpnGal over a button that needed sewing onto my slacks. Sigh…

I officially accepted my grad school admission offer.

I’m 34 and a high school dropout. Never thought I’d make it this far, and hopefully something I’ll need to do only once in my life.

I didn’t take the dogs off-roading. It was raining, and I opened the door and they took one look outside and all retreated back into their boxes. Normally, four o’clock is “Dog Riot” time, but not today.

Going to one of our (newly added) satellite campuses* to lead a meeting where I handoff Major Projects to two groups of people and step out into the sponsor role.
*the state of Georgia has been merging colleges and schools in the University System of Georgia over the last few years. The university where I’ve been for almost 6 years is merging with a 2 year college in the metro area. This is creating a huge university with everything from Associate’s through PhDs. It’s both overwhelming and exciting.

Holy Cow!
I was going to sleep all day but everyone almost talked me into doing something useful today.
Nice try however.

Woke up in a vacation home in a different state. We have three days off and came to Washington. Today we’ll be going to an oyster farm and will slurp down some bivalves, and then take a drive through some pretty wilderness area yet to be determined.

I’ll be moving a bookcase a couple of miles and then up two flights of stairs.
Fortunately, the books aren’t coming with it!

Well, that’s because you’ve got…well…you know… . :wink:

Ha! No, “Malcolm” got kicked to the curb a couple of years ago. :smiley:

Today I cleaned out under the bed, which shouldn’t be out of the ordinary but it is. Monty Python’s killer bunny rabbit has nothing on the dust bunnies I found.

Not in my usual repertoire as a mainframe security analyst, but later today, I will be changing someone’s chemotherapy IV, flushing their PICC line and doing wound care.

I assume today means Tuesday when this thread opened. I missed it then because I was busy. I flew to Japan. I’ve never done that before. Today, I’m taking a train to Hiroshima. I’ve never done that before either.