Are You Supposed To Be Attracted To Your SO After 50?

So, I’m 50. Now, I’m wondering if there’s something wrong with me because I no longer find my wife attractive in any way whatsoever. She is my best friend, make no mistake, and I’d lie, cheat, steal, kill and die for her, but, the idea of sex with her is completely out of the question. I simply don’t find her attractive. Am I a freak? Should I feel bad? Am I a horrible person? I feel that there is something wrong with this situation, but can’t define it. Please help me understand my idiocy.

So, I’m 50. Now, I’m wondering if there’s something wrong with me because I no longer find my wife attractive in any way whatsoever. She is my best friend, make no mistake, and I’d lie, cheat, steal, kill and die for her, but, the idea of sex with her is completely out of the question. I simply don’t find her attractive. Am I a freak? Should I feel bad? Am I a horrible person? I feel that there is something wrong with this situation, but can’t define it. Please help me understand my idiocy.

See a Dr.? Maybe it is you.

My wife and I are mid-50s. I lust after her daily (or more). True, it’s not a first marriage for either of us, but we’ve been having sex regularly for over 10 years, and your questions was more about age, (I think) than time together. My wife is attractive, so that helps. (I suppose I should add “for her age,” but I don’t feel that way even though perhaps objectively true). But even more, she is an enthusiastic and exciting sex partner.

So, I guess the questions that come to mind are 1) how long have you been married, and 2 ) are you talking about her looks? her weight? Her attitude? What’s changed since the time when presumably, you did find her attractive?

I’m not sure, but someone has posted the exact same question in another thread. maybe it’s a common problem.

Also, have you had your testosterone levels checked? See post #2.

Its for this reason prostitution in my home country of Holland was legalized

Has she become unattractive on an objective level? That is, would most men of your age find her unappealing? Or is it just that she’s not the tasty 25yo you married?

Then you aren’t trying hard enough. When was the last time you went out of your way to make sure she got her rocks off? If she is not appealing to you, then you have not done enough to make yourself appealing to her. Stop making it all about you and make it about her. A strong relationship usually divides everything 80% to 80%.

Copied from the other thread:

Then you aren’t trying hard enough. When was the last time you went out of your way to make sure she got her rocks off? If she is not appealing to you, then you have not done enough to make yourself appealing to her. Stop making it all about you and make it about her. A strong relationship usually divides everything 80% to 80%.

I just checked in to say that my wife and I are in our sixties and we don’t have that problem. So it’s not universal.

Are you attracted to anyone else? Did this happen gradually or quickly? Are you healthy/fit? Have you had your testosterone checked? Is this a problem for you and your wife, or are you just concerned about whether it is normal?

Um, yeah, the duplication is… weird.

Best phrasing I’ve ever read.

Nah. That one’s about his SF. It’s a whole other thing.

I don’t think age has anything to do with it unless there is a physiological issue. Sometimes you just need to commit to kickstart things. My husband and I are over 50 and married 20+years. Neither of us are turning heads anymore. We had a few months recently where first he had a physical ailment that made sex out of the question, then I had one almost with days of him finally feeling better. We decided that in order to get the old feelings running again that we would reserve the first half hour after getting home from work in the evening to sex, or at least nekkid cuddle time. After a few weeks I can tell you it is working wonderfully. I did tell him it was okay to close his eyes and think of Salma Hayek if that helped, but I haven’t noticed him doing it.

What does SF stand for?

Standup Female? Stoic Firstmate? Should Flee?

i cant think of any women over 50 that i’d want to have sex with

He’s married to San Francisco.

Really? http://wallpapers.fansshare.com/gallery/photos/11249995/raquel-welch-hot-original/?displaying