Ask the Irish Bloke

True, ruadh, but these drunk Paddies couldn´t organize a tournament if it squicked them in the head :wink:

There´s one thing they ARE good at, though. EuroVision SongContests. Organizing them AND winning them. Fine, more power to them. We´ll take the football, thanks :smiley:

I don’t think it’s fair to ask about the Irish football team. After all, there are only two or three Irishmen in it.

Coldfire, have you seen Lord of the Dance? Is that somehow associated with the Irish? Anything you can offer to match this?

::waiting for clogs…;)::

There are two reasons the Irish always win the Eurovision contest:

(1) Nobody hates them. Everyone else is tactically voting for countries the like or against countries they hate.

(2) Nobody else wants to win it. It costs more to host it than a country can recoup (no cite, it was a report in a paper sometime after last year’s contest). Ireland is only now starting to realise it, I think.

Just in case anybody takes this seriously, most of the current Irish national team is in fact Irish by birth and not just by parentage.

Sorry, ruadh, it was just a joke. The RoI has slightly more …er… generous regulations concerning eligibility than some other national teams, that’s all. I seem to recall Jack Charlton playing a team almost all of whom were English.

OK, John, here’s a question:

Why are Irish girls so damn good-looking? That thick, wavy auburn hair (or lush black hair), those dimples, the twinkling eyes, the kissable smiling lips, those luscious figures they have…

Umm, I gotta go take a shower now.

I know, that’s why I said I was posting “in case anyone takes this seriously” …

Pretty sad that that’s when the team was actually pretty good, too :wink:

TomH,
Ugo Ehiogu and John Barnes. :wink:

Coldy
we’d beat you at our national sport anyway;)

MattK-
yes, we copped on to the fact years ago… but we still win the damn competition… :wink:

and Michael Flatley can felch a yak.

Spoke-
It is discussed, Its just very hard to explain everything without assuming some prior knowledge. But then again, sometimes its all you hear and you get sick of it.
There is a protestant community in RoI, it is small but we dont really hold grudges against them. after all, some of the peopel you would hear rebel songs about were Protestant, like Robert Emmet and Wolfe Tone (who was also french)

Dave- Irish ladies… they all use that soap, Irish Mist,(?), the one with all the red haired calíns dancing and singing.

Why did the Irishman wear two condoms?

*sensing extremely bad punchline here… *

go on…

Two.

To be sure
To be sure

d-marie, sorry I didnt see your question until now.

There are loads. the best is Newgrange, about 50 miles outside Dublin, pre-dates the Pyramids. It really is amazing
And the trick to not looking like a tourist?
Dont wear a green jacket with “I love Ireland” on the back

OK, here’s a nice one. What about beer?

I like Murphy’s myself. It’s from Cork, I think (it’s also a wholly owned subsidiary of Heineken :D). Guinness is from Dublin. Do Irish blokes and lassies display regional preference in their beer, or do they just follow their taste buds?

In other words, will I get kicked in the nuts for ordering a Murphy’s in Dublin?

MoosieGirl said:

You have to see me , John and ruadh .

I’m was in Cork this wkend for a stag so I thick I can answer this . It basicaaly comes down to taste . Murphys , Guinness and Beamish are available in nearly all pubs in Dublin . I was in a few pubs in Cork where they didn’t have any Guinness but these where the really small places with very little choice of any drink .
Some people will use the Guinness V’s Murphy’s debate to add to the Dublin V’s Cork Debate but there’s really no arguement , Guinness and Dublin win all the time , unless your talking to a corkman off course :wink:

[QUOTE]
yojimbo said:**

You’re on! See you in October, then. :slight_smile:

Never been proven as the Scot wouldn’t pay for that amount of drink . :wink:

Good one, yoyimbo :smiley:

Looking forward to it MoosieGirl . :slight_smile: