Awarding the MMP

This weekend I went from snowshoes to beach shoes.

Started out by doing a snowshoe race. I’ve never done one before; they’re quite tough! Placed, too!
You just know the guy who made the trophies made them in his [del]garage[/del] wood shop & they’re much more [del]kitchty[/del] awesome than anything they could have bought!
Before I left the ski lodge, I changed clothes, with the bottom layer being a bathing suit & drove straight to the river where we were doing a polar plunge!
I was in the first wave to go in, but since I was getting footage for the video of course I stood there while the next two waves went in before going up to get my towel, but not before making an ice angel in the leftover white stuff on the ground. :eek:

Between the late night, the early morn, the race & the cold, I came home & literally crawled into bed for a bit before getting up showering & getting gussied; I should have put on two left shoes (to match my two left feet) to go to the annual awards dinner-dance where I scored for one of my pix!
I also got one of the trivia questions right, but that only gave me the option to choose one from the bowl of snack & fun-sized candy.
Pre-hijack question: When/why was the last time you won an award?

Backup cashier of the month for December. :smiley:

Good Mornin’ Y’all! Up and caffeinatin’. YAWN ‘Tis 50 Amurrkin out and cloudy with a predicted high of 75 and partly cloudy for the day. Then it looks like rain will move in Tuesday evenin’ into Hump Day. Rah.

No awards I can think of at the moment. I’m a pretty mundane sorta bear. :smiley: Spidey sounds like you had quite a day. Yay for scorin’ with one of your pics. Nettie we’re all so proud of you!

OK, I need more caffeine and rumbly tummy wants sustenance. Then, alas and alack, I must purtify and get movin’. My day starts with tire replacement at :eek:Wally*World:eek:. Double Rah.

Happy Moanday Y’all!

Blurf. I’m awake but glued to my bed.

The last award I won was for being on the winning Jeopardy! team at the holiday party at irk. We crushed the competition. :smiley:

BLURF. Awoke to rain. Radar shows it covering the immediate area so I will have to drive in it. And I am up early so I shall get to irk early to start on my EOM list.

I think my last award was just a certificate for being an excellent government credit card holder.

Up, caffeinated, and sheveled. I have a short 7 hour day, followed by a trip to the laundromat.

Spidey, I’ve never won an award. My awesomeness cannot be quantified. That sounded like a really chilly day.

Congrats on the award, Nettie.

Butters, so you’re saying you are certifiable?:D;)

Happy February One-th!!!

I got some kind of award just before I retired - frankly, I was surprised that my boss put me in for it. I wasn’t used to having a boss who paid attention to stuff like that. I vaguely recall there was a monetary aspect to the award.

Oh, and when I actually retired, my boss gave me the tacky plastic cup on-the-spot-award that I used to mock mercilessly. I loved that boss!! :smiley: Hard to believe it’s almost 5 years already!

Speaking of whom, I called that former boss this morning. I’ve emailed him a few times and they bounced back - even when I replied to one he sent me. So I called to let him know and to get a non-work email from him, which I now have - yay! It was a nice way to start my day.

Now to attack the library parts. The one I’ve been assigned is a pain in the patoot, but it should keep my busy for a while. Onward!

Happy Moanday!

Happy Moonday!

It’s a dark 47 degrees outside, going to go all the way up to 50.
I hope all the snow finally melts. Later this week I have to take the kid to the college for a test and we need to get groceries. I think we are the only ones in the neighborhood who haven’t shoveled ourselves out.

I can’t remember ever winning an award, maybe if they ever start handing them out for snark and sarcasm I’ll have a chance.

Congrats to those who have been awarded, or certified :smiley:

I think the phone and internet are finally working. The guy at the cable company said it was from the power going out and the battery to the modem being drained. Once it got charged everything should start working again. Sounds like a story to me, but everything is working again.
So lots of irking this week to make up for the loss yesterday.

I don’t have any awards. Not even major ones from Italy. :wink:

Rabbit, rabbit, rablurf
I’ve won a few bowling awards - one for scoring, in one game, 100 pins over my average (easy to do, as my average at the time was 121; I bowled a two turkeys and two spares that game), one for my team placing second in the league that season, and a few last place trophies.

I also won, senior year in high school, a best actor/actress (in the school) award. (they only ever gave one for acting and one for tech)

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: BLURF!

I still have the bowling trophy I won when I was seven years old…

For more recent awards, I have received a Superior Performance award ($$$) the last 4-5 years, which co-incidentally have probably been my least productive years in my career (like FCM, I just haven’t been given all that much work to do). Which shows how much attention the bosses are actually paying…

Going to be a long day. When the moon hits your eye three hours before five, that’s annoying… Was having a dream that a room in train station containing me, Avery Brooks (no idea how he got in my dream) and some other guy had been abducted by a woman I lusted for using a 1950’s streamliner locomotive and…the alarm went off.
So now I’ll never know how it would have ended. Dreams is strange.

Weather report is somewhat like swampy’s chance of rain today, with a thurderstorm/tornado warning for late Tuesday/early Wednesday.

Question for the smartest MMPer. Swampy’s tire woes got me to thinking. My car has 35K miles. I bought it new at the end of 2013. It is a toyota corolla. How long are the tires good for?

Well, that was quick and easy! I got to :eek:Wally*World:eek: right at seven. I left there at 7:40 and am now in the orifice. Even got a couple things done already. ‘Tis first of the month, so I best get crackin’ on monthly reports and such. ICK!

Won a regional Emmy a couple years ago for work on a teen drinking story with other people. If you saw how many people got regional Emmies and for what you would know it’s not as big a deal as it sounds. I don’t even enter anymore because it’s not really an accurate reflection of good work, in my opinion.

Woke up to the sounds of running water - yesterday’s repair damaged a repair I made last year which let loose overnight. He replaced iron pipe with plastic which was unsupported and the weight pulled apart my repair overnight.

Waiting for the plumber to call back. Might have to skip the day. Not spending another week without hot water.

Butters I have been having good tires go 70k on average these days. Look at tread wear and signs of sidewall rot. Rot usually takes more than 5 or 6 years of heavy use, the tread should be fine at 35k unless you have an alignment problem.

A couple years back I went to my theatre group’s annual cast party, and won an award for being the “biggest party animal.” :slight_smile:

I haven’t been around the boards much in the last little while. Been busy. I am about to do some board-related work (organizing the Valentine’s exchange.)

I’m working on a music arrangement - an orchestra arrangement of the Beatles song “Eleanor Rigby.”

I saw an opera the other day at McGill - “The Elixir of Love” by Italian composer Donizetti. It’s a bout a guy who’s in love with a girl, so he gets a magical elixir that he thinks will make her fall in love with him, but in reality, the elixir is just wine and it just gets him drunk. It’s a very funny opera. :slight_smile:

Girl Scout badge for surviving weekend camp. :eek:

Seriously, I really dont remember anything else since. Oh well, my personal achievements are enough rewards for myself even if no one else acknowledges them.

:smiley:

I’m awake, but still warm and comfy in bed. I’m sure there is plenty to say about the day, but my main focus at the moment is obtaining coffee.

With posts like the one above, you won’t stand a chance. :o
Mooommm, I also got your favorite reward just a mile or two from the plunge (which was sponsored by both that DD joint & a # of police depts! ) - the “HOT” sign was on. :slight_smile:
I didn’t bother waiting to get a free box of those DD things that they were giving away because I was passing the only KK in the region; which is, unfortunately, about 25-30 miles from home. :frowning:

Thanks 2gig. I have had them rotated every 5K miles and no alignment problems. Whew.