Awww, cute widdle doggy!

I’m surprised that the other dogs even bother to show up to compete.

If I woke up and saw that thing looking at me, I’d scream like a little girl.

Oh, you also noticed the resemblance eh? :smiley:

http://www.toymania.com/columns/spotlight/gremlins1big4.shtml

When I saw that dog, I thought of Gremlins and the old legend of El Cadejo from Central America:

http://www.prensalibre.com/suplementos/RYS/vgt/english/especiales-english/c_historico/index2.htm

Gee, Eve, you never struck me as the doggie type!

My immediate thought upon seeing the photo was that old urban legend about the family who buys a weird dog in Mexico and then finds out it’s a giant sewer rat. ICK.

Yikes!!!
That is soooooo a mummy dog that escaped and is terrorizing some small egyptian village.

But, to help clean out your brains, my girlfriend and I have recently been looking to adopt a doggie from a local pound. I bring you petfinder with pictures of a bunch of different types of animals, all over the place. Many of them cute.

None of them undead

It’s a chupacabra! A chupacabra!

Well, it isn’t precisely…dead. It…It still moves. And feeds.

Holy Crap that picture is funny. I had to put it on my desktop.

As to the OP, for some strange reason, I can’t describe that dog as ugly. I think I’m just too much of a softy. The picture made me cry though - in a sad way, not a terrified way.

Yeesh. It’s like Cthulpooch.

Oh…oh my! He’s not very easy on the eyes, is he?

I knew someone who had a Chinese Crested. Admittedly, a much cuter one, as the breed goes. She had to coat the dog liberally with sunblock every time she took her out for a walk. They are very prone to sunburn, and cannot tolerate cold. The doggie had a complete wardrobe of sweaters and little jackets. She was shell-pink with long white tufts on her head and feet. Her skin had a velvety texture, like a warm peach.

The doggie in your link looks like he spent way, way, way too much time in the California sun without any sunblock. Maybe he was a stray for a while?

Chinese Crested Dogs have a happy disposition, and make good pets if you can get past their appearance. I’m thinking about getting one when I get older; as part of my vaguely frightening, but interesting, old lady persona. You know, wearing purple with red satin sandals is so DONE! :wink:

I love the fact that the photo is still on the link, but the caption now reads, “Lance’s fans getting geared up.”

By grinning evilly and biting their feet, it seems . . .

You missed the real corker – early this morning I loaded that page to show the wife, and it had the headline “Mother of 7 month old charged with child abuse” beneath it.

One of the headlines further down the page is “Local Lawyers Find Supreme Inspiration.” That would be the perfect headline to be under this picture.

“Kibbles and braaains, kibbles and braaaiins, I’m gonna get me some kibbles and braaaains…”

Yep, it’s become something of a tradition in the Lock-heed household; once a year they head out to the backyard, dig up ol’ Sam, dust him off and take him out to win the Ugly Dog contest.

Haaaaaaa!

I saw my first Chinese Crested when I started work for a vet. Fortunately, I didn’t blurt out “oh my what happened to it” when the owner brought the dog in. I still do not understand why anyone would breed for those characteristics.

And people thought the horse-head scene from “The Godfather” was horrible.

Dang it, the picture is gone and I can’t find it on the Net (I need to be a subcriber to look at the paper it was in). Has anyone got a link, so I can see what all the retching’s about?

Behold Sam. Click entirely at your own risk. I advise clearing all small children from the room, first.

Well that explains the whole “My dog made me do it” thing… Damn.