Bacon, or sausage?

I find that bacon grease makes a better gravy than sausage grease. Although, I actually think the drippings from hamburgers makes gravy even better than that.

I usually make bacon gravy. If I make sausage gravy, I put an equal amount of bacon in it. Sausage doesn’t reliably have enough fat for gravy. (Also, Mrs. L.A. prefers bacon gravy.)

I put bacon in my sausage gravy, too; usually about a half pound of bacon to a pound of sage sausage.

If “Both” is not an option, I will not vote!

In November, if “Neither” is not an option…

Mediocre bacon is way better than mediocre sausage. But excellent sausage is way better than excellent bacon.

Bacon for its meaty goodness as a solo item.

But if I am incorporating it into a dish then sausage is much more versatile. Biscuits and bacon gravy just doesn’t have the same ring.

Bacon pizza is really good!

But I prefer bulk sausage patties with sage for breakfast.

Really good sausage is better than bacon and more filling but not all sausage is really good and some of it is pretty bad so on average Bacon wins because there is really no bad bacon.

Bacon is good for salads and sandwiches. Bulk sausage is king on breakfast plates and in breakfast burritos.

Monsanto just came with Bacsage, which is actually not too bad.

The mini sausage links are a great breakfast treat. I prefer them over bacon.

We do buy and eat more bacon. Sausage links are for special mornings.

I like both very much, and will hardly ever decline either, but I give a very, very tiny edge to sausage.

I guess I prefer bacon, although you wouldn’t be able to tell by what I get when I go out. Sausage always gets you more. And I’m almost always starving when I wake up.

Bacon I can get with any meal these days.

I love breakfast sausage, and American-style breakfast sausage is really only ever an option at breakfast.

So, sausage.

Denny’s used to have something called the Meat Lover’s Breakfast. It was eggs, toast, hash browns and the Holy Trinity of Homer’s (nearly) Magical Animal: bacon, sausage and bacon. The funny part was that it used to be priced lower than a Grand Slam. But I voted for bacon 'cause it eats better as the temperature of the meal drops.

It’s Binary. There is a right answer: bacon, and a wrong answer: sausage.

…unless you include scrapple. Then the porcine trifecta is: Scrapple by a nose, Bacon to place, Sausage lumbers in 2 furlongs behind to show. Turkey Bacon stumbled out of the gait and broke its drumstick. Soy Breakfast Patty went straight to the glue factory.

Countries outside of America?

What?!?

America is the bacon of the world. Nobody scrapples with us!

It’s funny that I like sausage links and prefer them over bacon.

But I don’t like ground sausage patties nearly as much. too greasy

And bacon is now well in the lead, which is fine because when you gluttons drive the bacon animal to extinction, there will still be plenty of sausage for me.

Um…TroutMan…I don’t wish to embarrass you or anything, but bacons and sausages are not animals; they are green, leafy vegetables. I eat them every morning because they good for my health. I’ve been telling myself that for years and I’m never wrong.

Anybody see my bottle of Coumarin?

I go away for the day and my post gets corrupted by an evil Internet. Ham, of course.