Bad, bad, bad Beck is singing and dancing to the same old tune. Or... Back to rehab

I had my rehab assessment Friday.
The rehab “professionals” say I’m only 10% improved.
I’m really down since my first rehab experience (remember way back when I got my first kidney removed?)

They overwhelmed me. I couldn’t speak. Thank god the Li’l wrekker was there. She read my signing questions to them.

And fought as my advocate. I should have known. She has a degree in which she will teach the handicap. She knows all about medical and educational assessments. She says they are there based on the norm. Not everyone is normal. Especially me🙃.

She did think they were cubby holing me. And told them so.

I still have a lot of work to do. The seizures have pushed me back. All my accidents haven’t helped.
My legs are weak. My stamina is not nearly enough. I’m walking every day. I’ve not started any barre excercises. My Barre is upstairs. The guys are gonna move it for me.

I’ll go in the rehab center Monday after Dialysis. For at least a month.

The food’s good. The place is pleasant. And there’s cats in the courtyard.

I think I’ll live.

beck.

Recidivism is a thing, folks😉

hugs I know it’s hugely frustrating to have to leave home again, and that’s a long time in rehabilitation.

But, I’m hoping that they’ll be able to help you get your stamina and strength back, so you’ll be even safer once you get back home.

Sending all the good vibes and positive energy.

Well, nuts. I’m sorry to hear this. I hope your family can sneak Bayliss and JoJo in for therapeutic visits. I hope you don’t have to stay as long as anticipated, 'cause it sounds like you get bored out of your tree there.

Thanks for the update, and keep us posted on how you’re doing.

You go Li’l Wrekker! I’m glad you have her on your side. I’m also glad you are getting the rehabbing you actually need. Best of luck and cats to you.

Very glad for the Li’l wrekker. And for the cats in the courtyard.

And for Beck, at least able to post. Hang in there, Beck.

She’s a force to be reckoned with. And has a big mouth compared to her stature.

Best wishes, Beck! Hope you get sprung sooner than a month. You’re luck to have an advocate like her.

(I know you won’t get time off for good behaviour… :grinning: )

Singing and dancing to the same old tune is better than not singing and not dancing. Unless you don’t like singing. Or dancing. Keep doing both. We need more angels here even though they may exasperate by times.

My crazy oldest Sister came earlier.
She’s from Texas. As far as I’m concerned Texans are a different breed.

Give the girl peppers and Pearl lite beer and she’s happy.

She has chewed me out non-stop since she’s been on the place.
That girl is Cray Cray.

She is my second Mom. She wrangled all of us during her highschool years. I do love her, but dang-it I need a break.
I clandestinely set a trap for her.
I told the Li’l wrekker that Christy was disturbed by the assessment at all.
It ain’t started yet. I predict a big war by tomorrow.

I’m terrible.

I predict you’ll win the war.

For a tender-hearted gal, you’re one tough cookie, so it’s no surprise you raised Li’l Wrekker to be tough and tender. I’m glad you have her on your side.

You keep fighting the good fight, hear? We need you around here. And if your sister drives you crazy while you’re in rehab, pit her against whatever nurse is giving you grief. Divide and conquer.

You are loved. Beck, far and wide.

Hang in there and don’t give up! Hope you will be able to go back home before long.

Practice makes perfect. That includes rehab.

I know its frustrating to go back. You’ll be so much better the next time your home.

Don’t forget to sic Li’l Wrekker on Brunhilda, or whatever you named the PT circusmaster.

Picture Brunhilda in a black corset, fishnet stockings, high heel black leather boots and a black leather cat o’ nine tails.

At least the food is good.

Isn’t there a Sonic near the rehab hospital? I saw a commercial for Sonic commemorating Shark Week: An ice cream float made with a slushie, and you get a bowl of gummy sharks to add as you please!

~VOW

I loves me some Sharkweek.

I’ve seen the Sonic ads about the shark drinkie.

I’ve put it in my orders as to how I wanna die with dignity.
I’ve added the shark slushie to the list of sweets I need for my final days.

I used to love Sonic burgers. Sonic was the first franchise burger joint in my hometown. Wendys and McDonald’s came six years later.

The burgers Sonic sells sell today taste much different. I don’t go out of my way to get one.

Their slushes and ice cream desserts are the same.

But…but…what about the corndogs?:worried:

They’re still good. :blush:

Sonic has a great selection of hotdogs and corndogs. I often get a chili cheese hot dog instead of a burger.

That part of the menu is very similar to my high school days.

I ate a footlong chilli cheese hotdog for breakfast in the student union before my Electronics II final.
I hoped I would become ill and not have to take a test on the high frequency characteristics of a transistor. It didn’t work.