Bang a gong...

… a drum – hell, any kind of percussion instrument.

Mickey Hart, Zakir Hussain, Sikiru Adepoju & Giovanni Hidalgo are going to tour in honor of the 15th anniversary of “Planet Drum.”

I just bought a couple of excellent (6th row) tickets in a small venue.

I’m not sure any of my friends would enjoy it – but my work sidekick says he’d be interested, if no one else wants to go.

Woo hoo!

Dammit, I thought this thread was going to be about T. Rex.
Enjoy the concert, Twickster.

T. Rex is my favorite band of all time.

Where did you find info about the tour? They aren’t up on the Planet Drum’s webpage.

I get email updates from The Keswick, a local venue. Though I note it’s not on their posted schedule yet …

Hey, you’re in my town! Did you see the all-percussion show at the Painted Bride a few years back? I think Zakir Hussein was part of that as well.

No, I didn’t – bet it was good, though.

(Heh – if you know the Keswick, you share my :dubious: at their claim that it’s “the most comfortable place in town” – sure, if you’re under 5’4" … god the lack of legroom is painful there.)

Never been. But in the last 4 months, I’ve seen Toumani Diabate, Konono-1, and Tortoise all at the World Cafe; Peter Brotzmann at the Cultural Learning Center, and a really good Tuvan group at the Rotunda.

Philadelphia in town is banging right now for music. And Negativland is coming in August!

Back when that was my neighborhood as well, I watched MOOOVIES at the Keswick. :smiley:

Of course, I was a wee bairn and legroom was not an issue.

Cartooniverse

I got an email this morning from the person I’d been planning to ask – he’d bought tickets as well. This will make it three shows he and I will both see at the Keswick within the space of a month (though apparently this one not together) – the other two being John McLaughlin and Rites of Strings (Jean-Luc Ponty, Al DiMeola, and Stanley Clarke).

No legroom, but great freaking music.