Barry Bonds

Let me guess, you are a Bonds fan since he provided Glaus with steroids to get you a tainted world series title.

Now, Glaus is innocent because world series titles and mvp’s are not part of the history of the game, but how can you excuse Bonds for tricking Glaus into taking steroids? The worst thing is, Ankiel and Glaus took HGH and steroids AFTER Bonds is accused of doing so. We can excuse them since it wasn’t banned yet still, but Bonds should have known better by then.

If you are ok with Bonds posing as a doctor and handing out steroids and HGH like candy (speaking of which, I heard he passed out steroid-candy to trick-or-treaters last year), I don’t know what else to say.

Typically, when you make outrageous claims, it is customary to provide at least some sort of evidence, such as a cite. No matter how big Bonds’ head is, I still need a little more to go on than some random guy’s internet post.

Barry Bonds made me post about Sheriff Joe.

Barry Bonds turned me into a newt.

How about saying where you learned all this stuff? Or ANY of this stuff? One single claim from from some reputable source claiming Bonds sold steroids.

Steroids to trick or treaters? You are a total whack job.

Fine, I guess you don’t care that Bonds probably snuck into the Angels locker room and injected Glaus with steroids while he slept.

You don’t care that the Angels bought their steroid-fueled world series title from Bonds, the dark lord of drug crime.
You want proof? You think Glaus or Ankiel would actually admit they got their drugs from Bonds?

They know they would be dead before the final syllable escaped their lips. Bonds put tiny capsules of a lethal poison into the steroids he sells, and if any of his clients ever try to talk, the press of a button on Bonds radio transmitter will kill them instantly.

Lamest. troll. ever.

Oh yeah, Barry Bonds threatened to inject my cat with HGH if I didn’t write this.

Well, either I am really bad at sarcasm or you all have no sarcasm detectors. I don’t think I could have been any more blatant.
No, of course Bonds didn’t do any of the things I said.
I was making fun of how people try to lay the blame on Bonds.
Ankiel and Glaus used steroids and HGH AFTER Bonds is accused of doing so. Yet I have heard ESPN guys defend Ankiel, saying it wasn’t banned yet.

That should apply double to Bonds then, but nobody excuses Bonds.

I have heard people say Bonds is making history thus is hated, but nobody brings up the fact that Glaus was the world series MVP and won the title. How is that not making history?

Double standards and hypocrisy abound.

Barry Bonds uses steroids to conceal his secret identity!

Okay, so now we KNOW you’re a troll.

Listen to Peter Gammons defend Ankiel since HGH wasn’t banned yet.

Then remember Bonds is accused of using it well before Ankiel.

Do you see any hypocrisy there?

A newt?

She got better.

I have to agree. I thought you were serious from your first post, but I figured you were just screwing around as soon as I got to your second post in the thread. I was surprised people kept taking you seriously as you made your second and third posts in the thread. I think it’s safe to say after that people got it. I hope.

ETA: If he’s being intentionally goofy, is that trolling? It’s not like he was trying to incite an argument. Hell, even his second post was clearly sarcastic.

Oh, and Barry Bonds supplied the Soviet Union’s olympic athletes with steroids during the Cold War! :eek:

Heh.

Heh heh.

Huh… heh heh heh.

<snerk>

Ha ha ha ha…

BWAAAA HA HA HA HA HA…!

<wipes tears>

…HA HA HA HA HA HA…!

I think his Guest status was what drew the ire. I immediately saw it, spit soda on my screen, and checked for his past post to see if he was a wandering looney. His few previous post seemed fine, but I still couldn’t be convinced. If it were a member in good standing though, I think I always assume sarcasm.

Trolling? Meh. If he was trying to be serious then you could make that judgement. But now that he’s claiming satire, I’ll just consider myself whooshed.

Take for instance a recent thread of mine: I found a really cool girl I want to meet. Should I ask her out?

At first there were a couple of :eek: 's, but pretty quickly people got the jist of “oh, it’s just bbs2k, hoo haw”.

The difference between my OP and our new Guest’s is that I think people seem to understand that a lot of us tend to be silly, while we can be dubious of unfamiliar new faces trying to stir the pot.

Ermes Marana, you got me. I enjoy a good sarcastic rant, and even if you were being serious the “Bonds-loving” media line was classic. Give us $15 and next time we’ll laugh along with your satire, we’re prostitutes like that.

I’m starting to get a little confused by the difference between a whoosh and trolling here at the Dope… is the guideline just that they’re from the opposite side of the political aisle or have “Guest” under their name?

Did anyone really take the OP seriously that Bonds sold drugs? Isn’t it ridiculously well known that he bought his stuff from BALCO? I thoughy this was kinda funny, myself.

ETA: Thanks for clearing that up for me, too, BBS2

Cite? What did Gammons say that you are interpreting as “defending” Ankiel?

If Ankiel used steroids, then he is a cheater just like Bonds. The press isn’t all over it because the name “Ankiel” isn’t exactly a household name like “Bonds”. It wasn’t even a household name before he lost the ability to find the catcher’s mitt five years ago.

If Peyton Manning tests positive for steroids and the press defends him, then maybe you would have a point.

Barry Bonds sneaks around late at night hypnotizing people, so they confuse Human Growth Hormone with steroids. :wink:

Many baseballs are instinctively repelled by Barry Bonds. That’s why he gets so many walks.

(channeling John McCain)

You little jerk. :wink: