Batten The Hatches- A Dark and Stormy MMP

[quote=Swampy]
Sup shall be salmon patties, smashed N.O.T., peas, and bizkits. I blame red cause she said salmon patties yestiddy and caused me to have a gnawin’ and a cravin’. I mentioned salmon patties to OYKW and he got a gnawin’ and a cravin’ as well. [/quote]
Great minds, (and ours too) We had salmon burgers last night, with a nice salad and corn onna cob. :yum: And Happy Moanday to you too!
Why isn’t the quote thingee working today? :rage:

We’ve discovered a nice sippin whiskey from a company called Pendelton which, true to Merikun capitalist logic, is not produced in Pendelton, Orygun at at. It’s blended in Indy-anna, of all places. :thinking: *le sigh*

On the list for today: Call the concrete guy and procure propane. The grill has been a boon this last week with the heat. I don’t mind standing, or sitting, on the deck cooking proteins if it keeps the kitchen cool(er).

Johnny, our trash pickup is every week, but the ‘yard debris’ and ‘recycling’ pickup is on alternating weeks, so I have it programmed into the calendar on my phone. I never remember either.

Well, I gotta get off this computer, Wifey needs it for an office meeting.

Currently on hold. With a 1-800 number, which is not free from Switzerland. Fortunately it shouldn’t cost me anything, as I have one hour to the U.S. included in my monthly alottment.

Except my sanity. I would prefer just music, not advertising for the mobile app, and the recorded apologies for keeping me on hold.

After broiling at the end of last week, we are currently getting warnings for heavy rain, plus getting the aforementioned heavy rain. Good day for working in the (home) office.

I go by quantity. But with rebuilding the shed roof, we had a full bin last time. This week, we had the normal amount of trash, but I thought maybe it looked full because of extra cleanup (I did put some more debris in it). Mrs. L.A. suggested we did not put things in the recycle tub well. I think there’s enough room in the trash bin for the next couple of weeks. Recycling is always full. I’ll put the bottles and cans and stuff into the ‘milk crate’ (issued recycling bin), and then in two weeks put the tub out with it.

Your ‘/quote’ tag wasn’t on a line by itself.

I also permanently have “put out trash” on our two trash days in my outlook calendar on computer AND phone. With reminders.

The story of my life, today and everyday. The chickens always seem to come home to roost though. Late fees, overdue fines at the library, you’d think I’d learn. Did I mention LOTS of late fees? There goes my credit rating.

I don’t like the taste either, but I’m proud of myself that I know why they are spelled differently. Gotta love those Scots! And I do.

Morning all. Actually, noon all. On Mondays my first :coffee: Is always later cause I’m exhausted from my customary (and don’t I love it, live for it) Sunday day of 3yo granddaughter wrangling. Plus, now, to my delight I plan for spending a big chunk of my awake Monday hours reading SD/MMP :delicious shiver:.

Glad to be of service. :smiley:

Yay boofae!

bumba, , Pendleton, IN is where the maximum security juvenile prison is. :smiley: It’s a couple of hours from where the whiskey is made though.

Well, about 11:15 this morning, the Materials manager came into our department to tell us that everyone was dismissed for the day (my boss is working form home and my manager is on vacation). Someone who had been in the building within the past 72 hours had tested positive, so they’re doing a cootie clean so that we can return tomorrow. We get something called CTO (Covid time off) for this, so I can shamelessly fart around at home with a little dog by my side (or in my lap :slight_smile: ).

Stay safe and healthy y’all!

Wasn’t going to do anything today, then fucked up and went and did something which ended up causing a problem that I’m going to have to fix. The RV has a fresh water holding tank. I drain it every fall and put in fresh water as a hedge against natural disaster. In the spring, I dump a bit of chlorine in the tank to kill any growth, drain it out and refill it. The valve to drain the tank is under the RV and just at the limit of my reach (shakes fist at designers).

Spring came and went and I didn’t do the chore, so thought I’d do it today. Got under there, opened the drain cock and let it empty. Went back later, reached under there, turned the drain cock, and the plastic valve knob, fatigued after ten years, broke off. Insert prolific sailor-grade cursing here. The valve is closed, but now I’m going to have to replace the entire fitting. Gonna have to think on how I’m going to accomplish that. Maybe a piece of baklava will help. Yeah, that’s the ticket.

Two pieces of baklava and a vente blended latte, at a minimum.

The latte will have to wait until after we pick up our espresso machine at the repair place this afternoon. But the baklava. . .burp.

Back from grocerying, and in good time - it’s now quite dark and rumbly out there. Excellent timing, I’d say! I got everything put away and I’m about to peel 3 cukes for a big cuke-onion salad. I also got some strawberries that need to be cleaned. And I need to build the shepherd’s pie, which is pretty easy. Not sure if I’ll make it with tots again this time - depends on how many tots I have left.

Since we haul our garbage and recycling to the convenience center, any day can be trash day, except for the handful of days they close for holidays. SIL has mostly been hauling the last 2 years, but it’s going to fall to me once they’re moved out. No biggie, tho - we’ll be making much less garbage - I can probably go every 3 weeks.

Well, back to the kitchen with me - cookage awaits!!

Mooooom would you swing by and make me a few deviled eggs and, like, a tiny shepherd’s pie for my freezer? I’d be eternally grateful and would love you forever and would provide all ingredients, of course.
I am happy to either hug you with gratitude or stay the proper social-distancy-the-hell-away whichever you prefer.

Well, since I said I wouldn’t, I went and accomplished a few things. I may be seeing a pattern here.
Overload my plate?
Brain melty, emotional freakout, badness ensues.
Cop to, like, three things? That I’ve given myself permission to blow off?
I got this.

Granted, one was a particularly “donnwanna” so I started finding ways to procrastinate effectively. Litter box is scooped, second load of laundry is washing. Man, I really don’t want to scrub that one roasting rack, that was my last reach!

In my defense, I have a shallow sink, a faucet that sticks out horizontally, and the sink is also halved which is stupid, my gawd do I loathe divided sinks so I can’t actually fit the item into the sink under the faucet.

I can only wash about a quarter of it at a time effectively.
Making my side options:

1. Wash roasting pan in bathtub
  2. Purchase new faucet, pay someone to replace
  3. Debate replacing sink okay, this is nuts, I am a tenant and this is a rental
  4. Put off indefinitely

Jesus, that was depressing.

Afternoon all. Nappage has been completed. My major accomplishments for the day is getting my Monday sammich from Jersey Mikes and picking up Bacon bit for my sallits from Publix and cleaning the toilet bowls (Sno-Bo Extra Strength really does the job). On the other hand it’s 91F outside and a 50% chance of rain tomorrow, up from 20% and our COVID-19 case totals for the county have gone over 5,000 to date, so there is that…

FCM, stay dry and be patient with the visitors…glad the pets are doing well.

shoe, have a split sink but a much friendlier faucet, so a little bit easier for me.

cookie, yeah, it’s the little things that often lead the best cursing. Hope the repair doesn’t mean the neighbors call the Morality police or something…

Red, paid day off!

Bumba, flyboy, I get weekly trash pickup (part of my utilities bill), yard debris is Moanday (which is why I try to mow on Sunday), trash on Thursdays and recycles on the 3rd Thursday of the month (that’s the one I have to work to remember).

Nut, not a hard alcohol drinker either, a beer now and then with dinner is nice on the now infrequent times I eat out.

Thel, would a cat/doggie door be practical to install?

Sari, Sherwin Williams does that too, even lets you see it in several different rooms (bedroom, kitchen, etc). Imagine all the major paint brands do that (and celery color?). And i check my cards at least 1-2 times a week just in case of thieves life that. Hope your bank works with you on it.

OK, need to see if there is anything else I need to do (of course there is, but will I do them is the question…). All y’all take care.

Purp - if you lived closer, I’d help you out. But you’re a bit of a commute from my little corner of paradise. Sorry.

Supper was good. After I loaded the dishwasher, I had a handful of grapes - yum!

The weather is temporarily quiet - the calm before the storm, methinks…

I’m in a rental, but my landlord would probably be okay with it. What I did today was narrow the gap that I leave the doors (inside and screen door) open to just barely wider than a cat. Heretofore, I’ve left them wide enough so Sweetie Dog can go in and out, but she will come to me if she needs to go out and can’t get through the door. I’m hoping the opening is narrow enough to block a cat that has a fidgety bird in her mouth. Not sure a cat door would create any more blockage.

Carnivores! Can’t live with 'em, can’t… well, you know…

Howdy Y’all! We spiffed da cave, achieved nappage and made and et sup. This is the sum total of events at da cave for the day. Oh and Netflix got watched. By me. OYKW for some reason does not watch Netflix much so I get to hog it all I want.

Cookie I thought, “fix the valve with baklava? What a waste of baklava!” :grinning:

I like whisky and whiskey.

Our trash pickup is weekly on Moanday. Today they came at ten o’clock. Most of the time it’s late afternoon. I feel special today!

Looks like we might be gettin’ a storm. YAY!

shoe, I rented a little house in a college town back in the eighties that had a split kitchen sink with one tub that was twice as deep as the other. The faucet was science lab type (not seen much in homes back then) and that was my go to tub to wash out waste baskets, broiler pans and other big items. I even used it to do hand laundry (I had an old school ringer that clamped to the side of the sink cabinet) when my washing machine went tits up and the money wasn’t there to replace it right away. If I was putting in a new kitchen or laundry room sink today, I would look to that type.

I got to visit with the neighbor who is moving this afternoon. Nelson was with me and kept barking at the neighbor’s door, wanting Kobe and Snoop to come out to play. :frowning: He just didn’t understand that they weren’t there anymore. The maintenance dude, his dad and I have plans for when things open up. There’s a brew pub on the north side of the 'Boro, where they’re moving, with its own dog park and well behaved canines are even allowed in the pub that we want to do a doggy meet up. Beer, friends and dogs. You can’t go wrong.

Every time I see this line I read it as “adultery crap”… :smiley:

Our house exterior is “artichoke.”