Battlestar Galactica: want to see the opening of season three? like right now?

Seriously. The first ten minutes of Friday’s season premiere have been made available online.

Click here.

I mean, click there if you can’t wait.

No shame if you can’t. Hell, I couldn’t. Minute I knew the thing was available I fired up the video stream. Sue me, I’m weak. :slight_smile:

And I ain’t saying a word about it. Not yet, anyway.

Spoilers, no doubt, will follow. That is, of course, if I can find enough other like-minded Galactica fans who cannot resist the lure of new Galacticky goodness, and who wish to discuss with me the revelations contained therein.

Well, actually, I will say one word about it.

That word, obviously, is FRAK.

Enjoy.

speakingof frak -

all I get is a page inviting me to watch the video - it won’t actually GO to the video…

GRRRR

Do you have popups blocked? I click “watch video now” and a new window appears with the video player. Maybe try control-click?

It took a couple of tries before I got the video to load. Not gonna spoil anything, but I will say it was well worth the trouble to watch…

Ye Gods, that was awesome. A couple of thoughts (spoiler tags aren’t working, so scroll down):

[SPOILER]
Leoben’s line “frakkin’ insurgents” kind of took away any chance the writers might have had to say this show isn’t a parable of Iraq. I remember one of the podcast commentaries denied it - I don’t think we’ll here that again. Doesn’t matter, though- it’s incredibly well-done. Watching them set off an IED was intense.

Did Tigh’s wife frak the Cylon to get her husband out of detention? If so, that’s pretty cool - Cylons can be corrupt!

Leoben and Kara really need to work on their relationship, I think. Use your words, Kara, not your pointy objects. Funny thing is that Leoben clearly knew Kara couldn’t be trusted with a knife - why’d he give her a long, stabby fork? [/SPOILER]

Noooo, I am not looking.
(It starts this Friday? Whoa, I still have to watch all the webisopdes.)

Wow.

This is good.

Definitely wow. And also possibly not safe for work, depending where you work.

I think I’ll pass on the Hogan’s Heroes Story Arc for now. :rolleyes:

If I wanted to see the old French Resistance redone, I’d go back and watch some of the old WWII movies. :rolleyes:

So Say We All

This is the ONLY reason I still have extended basic on my cable.

I am so pissed that I have to wait until Saturday to watch the whole thing.

E.

[QUOTE=The Vorlon]
So Say We All

This is the ONLY reason I still have extended basic on my cable.
[/QUOTE]

So Say We All…

frak… that was good…

Interestingly, it isn’t available to non-U.S. locations. We get the series here (Canada) on Space, but SciFi Channel seems reluctent to let us see the preview.

Are they going to sell the episodes on I-Tunes again??

Wow. Do they jump right back into the action or what? I guess I was expecting some drawn out exposition and crap. This was some powerful stuff! Is it Friday yet?

I had a split second of telling myself “you should wait till Friday and get the full effect.” Yeah, that didn’t last. Before I could even finish the thought my fingers were opening the link all on their own. Is it Friday yet?

Memo: Do not piss off Kara Thrace.

[QUOTE=carnivorousplant]
Memo: Do not piss off Kara Thrace.
[/QUOTE]

Especially during dinner!

Kara is aka Starbuck, right? She’s a little skinny for my tastes, but

looks nice with long hair

I only started watching the reruns a few weeks ago, but I’m hooked. I haven’t anticipated a season opener this much since Babylon 5…

I wonder how many times she has done that? It seemed to…normal, like it had happened often.

[QUOTE=silenus]
I wonder how many times she has done that? It seemed to…normal, like it had happened often.
[/QUOTE]

Kinda got the impression that

she may not be entirely sane. That image of her eating with bloodstained hands makes me wonder if she’s losing it