Bay Area Dope-Fest!

Ok, I opened a new thread for us Bay Area Dopers 'cause the last one seemed to die out. So, what’s the deal? Is anyone still interested in getting together in or near the City by the Bay?

http://lygo.com/picturethis/thumbnails/903/903477T.JPG

“I would far rather be ignorant than wise in the foreboding of evil.”

-Æschylus. 525-456 B. C.

I was wondering… count me in

It’s Been Lovely But I Have To Scream Now

Great Sassy. I was thinking that since this thing died so quickly last time, we could do an e-mail or icq send list to keep this rolling. Lemme know what you guys think.

“I would far rather be ignorant than wise in the foreboding of evil.”

-Æschylus. 525-456 B. C.

Make sure to let me know about it. Tyler might be interested too.

~Kyla

still waiting for someone to name the time and place is all, I suppose. Who’s the leader of this Bay Area crew?

I dunno who the leader is VogueVixen, but I’ve started to compile an e-mail list. Only about six ppl on it so far though.

One more time! Ok, bringing it to the top. Thinking about late November early December.

“Teaching without words and work without doing are understood by very few.”
-Tao Te Ching

Count me in.
I started the last thread, dammit. And you all ignored it. Wahhhh!

JMcC, San Francisco
http://members.tripod.com/~weirdstuff/index.html
“Hear the voices in my head, I swear to God it sounds like they’re snoring”

Heheh, I know how ya feel JJ. This has been brought to the top twice by me with as many responses. :wink: Got a good list of ppl now. More in the e-mail :wink:

-Tao Te Ching

Hope you have my email! Just FYI, I will be out of town from 11/20 until 11/28. After that I will be in town through the new year.

I am trying to think of locals that meet all the requirements… close to BART, allows minors, serves drinks. Any other rules?

In the last thread I said that I was gonna’ find a place and then get back to everybody. Well, I screwed up and didn’t. Call me flakey.

I’ll look around downtown this afternoon or tomorrow afternoon and get back to everyone. It shouldn’t be that hard to find somewhere that makes everbody happy.

And Demo, where were you last night? Give me a call at home tonight, uh?

I tried working out once, but the ice kept falling out of my cocktail.

Ooops! Thought this thread was about something different, man…

Sorry, Dave’s not here.

Plunging like stones from a slingshot on Mars.

Uh, Dirty Devil, same place as every night: #straightdope!
-This user has NO life- :wink:

-Tao Te Ching

Suggestion: wait til December, cause I’m in school til December 3 or so. Since my parents live in the North Bay, I’d prefer to meet there, but I know no one else would agree with that. I propose a meeting in the City. Is that too obvious?

::trying to think of a cool place::

~Kyla

Tommy’s Joynt is cool for drinking but the food is a bit, hmmmm, weird if I remember correctly. It’s a buffet-style restaurant so you’re sort of at the mercy of whatever they decided to make that day. Although, they always have the specialty of the house, buffalo chili. Yes, buffalo. For reals. I’m thinking maybe somewhere near Embarcadero Center. There are a few restaurants in the center itself including a Chevy’s and an Uno’s and it’s right near a BART station and close to the public transit on Market St. Family friendly, etc. There is a TGI Fridays in the Fisherman’s Wharf area but there isn’t really any convenient public transit out that direction that I’ve noticed. (No, I don’t consider the cable car convenient!)

:frowning: Sorry everyone, I can’t go.

Aw, Louie! We’ll miss you.

My only request is that there are some good vegetarian dishes on the menu. Everywhere has one or two veggie dishes, but often, they’re kinda gross. Though, if they have amazing desserts, vegetarian dishes aren’t really an issue…
-Lanna

How about Mel’s on the 18th of Dec? At least to start off at. Most of the people I’ve talked to so far have been amenable to this. Can’t remember how accesible it is to public trans. though. Can someone check this out?

-Tao Te Ching

Demo, there are two Mel’s in the city, one on Geary and one on Lombard. Neither is near Bart or the Muni subway.

Kyla, I’m also in the North Bay, as is someone else here. I’d love to meet somewhere in Marin or Sonoma County, too, but I don’t think it’s gonna’ fly with everyone else.

Lanna, this is SF. Almost every restaurant has something vegetarian on their menus. So don’t you fret none.

I think Chevys in the Embarcadero might be the easiest place to meet, what with it being very close to BART and Muni and also being friendly to minors. We could always go somewhere else later on. I’ve never been to this Chevys on a weekend, though. Downtown is pretty dead on Saturday and Sunday. Although, that may be a plus.

Oh good, my concern with Chevy’s was that it might be too noisy to talk. How’s that sound to everyone else? Also, how does the 18th of December sound?

-Tao Te Ching