Being Human - Anybody watching it?

Yeah, me too. I like that each episode seems to turn darker.

But really, Owen doesn’t need to change - he’s already scarier than the vamps

I’ve been meaning to ask about Mitchell, and our Brits. The extra long shirt sleeves and fingerless gloves. Is that a fashion these days? Seems like I’ve been seeing it more lately.

My SO knitted me a pair of fingerless smoking mittens. I feel trendy now.

I watched the first two and liked the way it was heading so I decided to wait until I had all the episodes and watch it over one weekend.

Not only did I not get to see that episode, but I missed this weeks as well. I’m sure the beeb will repeat them soon. Isn’t the last episode on Sunday?

Yes, final episode is on Sunday. Which makes me a bit sad, 'cos it’s been the highlight of my telly watching.

I’ve heard some rather good news, mind. Re-commissioned for a second series, this time with eight episodes.

Well, it appears you can watch online http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00hvgzp

That’s great, I’ll be able to catch up before the finale. Thanks.

Well, just finished episode 6. Excellent. Just excellent.

Glad to hear there’s a second series commissioned. It sure felt like there’s going to be a lot more coming.

Yeah, I loved the finale, shame I missed the previous two episodes.

In case people haven’t seen it I have a few questions and comments that I’ll put in a spoiler box.

[spoiler]Questions/comments

1. When did Annie’s fiance confess to her murder and how did he end up in a mental hospital rather than prison?

2. What was Herrick’s plan? There was a lot mentioned about having a plan, but few details, I assume it was to do with vampire world domination or something.

3. How did Annie develop lot’s of new abilities and how can she now be seen by people?

4. Finally George has grown a pair and taken out Herrick, I think he will be a better character now that he has accepted what he is and what he can do.

5. I enjoyed the new characters appearing at the end, are they other vampires or vampire hunters or something else?

6. Nina was accidentally scratched by George, will we see a werewolf couple in the next series, if they have children will they automatically be infected?

7. It’s quite funny that Herrick was a copper, as I was just discussing with a friend on Saturday how much I distrusted the police. Now we know they can’t be trusted.

[/spoiler]

1. When did Annie’s fiance confess to her murder and how did he end up in a mental hospital rather than prison?

Confessed in episode 5. This was our first time seeing him in a psych unit.

It was all a bit mad, actually. The guys were outed as being not exactly human, which freaked him and then Annie whispered something in his ear that made him go loopy and run to the copshop and confess. While I enjoyed that he got his comeuppance, I’m not really fond of the way they did it.

1. What was Herrick’s plan? There was a lot mentioned about having a plan, but few details, I assume it was to do with vampire world domination or something.

His plan, far as I could gather was to turn a sizable number of humans (preferably useful ones) and use the rest as cattle. In one of the episodes you missed, the vamps were shown to be farming humans - you saw a bit of the place in this episode, when the black woman was sat in a chair and Annie flung two vamps across the room.

1. How did Annie develop lot’s of new abilities and how can she now be seen by people?

Can’t remember how they explained people other than the two guys being able to see her, but her new abilities came about because she didn’t move on when her door to the beyond arrived. At least that’s what they were on about at the end of this episode - you might remember Annie talking of her “New skill set”.

1. I enjoyed the new characters appearing at the end, are they other vampires or vampire hunters or something else?

I doubt vampires, because the old guy had a reflection (at least when he opened his car door).

1. Nina was accidentally scratched by George, will we see a werewolf couple in the next series, if they have children will they automatically be infected?

The idea of a werewolf couple tickles me greatly, mainly because of the number of ‘time of the month’ jokes they could use. I’d love to see where they take that and hope Nina’s character sticks around.

Thanks for the reply Kal that helps a lot. I am still going to try to catch up with the missing episodes online. Failing that I’ll wait for the dvd.

The finale rocked. Totally rocked. Very, very good TV.

It was very cool how George’s star of david doesn’t affect Michelle because of his relationship with him.

Uh, Mitchell, not Michelle.