Best Beer Commercials

A case could be made that commercials are art, although I don’t want to hear it.

Moved from IMHO to CS.

Well, I found the canoe one which I love.

There is at least one more in the ‘Made from Beer’ series. Anyone know where to locate a copy? It’s the one that goes ’ It’s brewed in big metal things! It gets driven around by horses! etc etc’.

“Alex, you’d better be drinking your water.”

No contest. This is the best one (the beer advertised is lousy though)

My favourite beer ad, ever, was for Steinlager (a beer from New Zealand). During the 1995 America’s Cup, Team New Zealand (Black Magic), sponsered by Steinlager, was racing OneAustralia. OneAustralia basically buckled and sank in less than 90 seconds. (Note: everyone was rescued).

The next day, a full page ad appeared in the New Zealand newspapers with the following message:

“Bad luck Australia. Try sinking one of these instead”

Accompanied by a picture of a bottle of Steinlager. The tag line at the end said:

“Steinlager. The only thing that goes down faster than an Australian yacht.”

I have to give it to the Red Stripe ad, where the guy with the accent says “Sir, you are very ugly.”

Ugly guy drinks beer

“Sir, you are very handsome.”

hh

According to wikipedia:

“In 2000, Guinness’s 1999 advert Surfer was named the best television commercial of all time in a UK poll conducted by The Sunday Times and Channel 4. Surfer was produced by the advertising agency Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO; the advertisement can be downloaded from their website.”

It never aired in the US as far as I can tell.

http://www.amvbbdo.co.uk/tv_video/Guiness_surfer.mov

Actually, the point was that even the ugliest man would look attractive next to Red Stripes ugly bottle.

And I love the Red Stripe commercials. They’re so good I’d buy the beer even if it was garbage. Thankfully it’s not. Hooray Beer!!

From the land of sky blue waters…

And for good reason. “That’s a Spicy Meat-a-ball” is more compelling than that commercial.

Love those ads

Horay! Dopers! Loving the Red Stripe. For some reason, I laugh at the slogan every time.