Best of the Best!

Ok which is the best of the best Halloween candy you gave out or your children brought back… I mean what is the one piece you would wrestle the kid to the ground for???

For me it would be a Baby Ruth… I don’t care what it looks like floating in the pool!

“Only when he no longer knows what he is doing, does the painter do good
things.” --Edgar Degas

We used to have a lady in our neighborhood as a kid that gave out full size boxes of Cracker Jack, or Hostess stuff. She was our hero, haha. I’m giving out regular mini-candy bars, but in addition everyone is getting a free french fry card from Burger King, so I think I’m at least a little cool :slight_smile:

I love that Elephant popcorn, the pink stuff and candy kisses and rockets and and and LOL

We are, each of us angels with only one wing;
and we can only fly by
embracing one another

I’m afraid that I was forced to confiscate a small bag of Reese’s Pieces and a Fruit Roll-Up, because I had to make sure they were okay…yeah…that’s my story and I’m sticking to it :slight_smile:

Shadowfox
“Most people would succeed in small things, if they were not troubled with
great ambitions.”

• Henry Wadsworth Longfellow (1807-1882)

I remember a rich kid’s house having those big 2 dollar candy bars for the kids…there was a actual line to his door.

One place used to buy flats of pop. Every kid gets a can, and adults too, if they want.

Another place gives out bags of micorwave popcorn (unpopped). I’m not sure if they give one to everyone, or one per family/group, or just for particularly good costumes.

Maybe I live in a funny part of town; I’ve only had one trick-or-treater in 13 years.

When I was a kid we always discounted the houses that gave out homemades and thought well of the places that had a bucket where you could get as much as you could grab.

Some kid dressed as a San Francisco 49er asked what I was giving him and when I told him “free french fries” he went “(GASP) COOOOOOOOL!” (mission accomplished!) also, a tyke dressed as Zorro told me my Austin Powers getup was “Shagadelic!” How cool is it that a little kid would think to be Zorro? Almost everyone else was the “Scream” guy. BO-ring!

While we were out last night, I saw Zorro, and the Spice Girls amid the clowns and princesses and cowboys, etc.

Regarding candy, though:
It’s wonderful trick-or-treating with an 18 month old. They don’t know they’re sharing. :slight_smile:

I sorted out all the Mr. Goodbars, the Hershey’s Special Darks and the York Peppermint Patties.

“ChrisCTP-…the sweetheart of the SDMB…” --Diane
Chris’ Homepage: Domestic Bliss

mmmmmmmmmmm…I second the Hershey’s Special Darks and the best part is that my kids don’t want’em anyway!

The mini Reese’s cups, and the mini Nestle Crunch bars.

You say “cheesy” like that’s a BAD thing.

I gave out fun size Three Musketeers, Nestle Crunch, Kit Kat and Hershey bars. When I started running low, my sister donated some Gummi-Savers, Blow Pops and raisins and I managed to make it to the end of the trick or treaters (need to buy more candy next year).

When I was a kid, we had 2 favorite houses. One was on our street; they held out a tray of full-size candy bars and said “Dig in”.
The other was a few blocks away and gave out comic books.

Your Official Cat Goddess since 10/20/99.

Our family lived so far out in the boondocks that we never went trick-or-treating and never had any trick-or-treaters, since we didn’t have any neighbors.

Except one time.

A family that lived a few miles away came by, and brought 5 or 6 of their kids.

Well, we were not prepared, since that had never happened before, but we didn’t want to send them away empty-handed.

We gave them our leftovers from our meal that evening.

Sweet potatoes. Baked sweet potatoes. (Not the giant kind that you see in grocery stores–these from our own garden were much smaller.)

The kids didn’t seem particularly thrilled about it, but they took them anyway.

But guess what??? In all the subsequent Halloweens since then, they never came back.

I Love Hersheys Special Darks! Unfortunately,We got none last night. I must have been hungry,cause a milky way was sooo good! My son got 130 pieces this year! He ate only 5. He didn’t want the rest,so we gave it to out neighbor with a 5 year old! If some one was giving out Ice Cubes I would go myself!My son was a tomato last night!