Best senior pranks?

Hmmm.

#1 used of one of those water ballon slingshot to bombard to school and unwitting underclassmen. Man you could get some serious distance with that thing. . . .

#2 At graduation practice a couple people started stomping their feet in time with the person walking up to get their diploma. Soon, everyone picked up on this. Each person walking up sounded like the T-Rex’s from Jurrasic Park. It was a riot, and annoyed the jerkish principal as well. He sent us home early with dire threats if we did it at graduation. We did it anyway. :smiley:

One of my favorites from a few years ago:
http://www.news.cornell.edu/campus/pumpkin_tale.html

A giant pumpkin’s mysterious appearance atop Cornell’s landmark McGraw Tower has been making national news since early October.

The pumpkin was first seen impaled on the peak of the 173-foot tower on Oct. 8. Because of the cost and danger involved in removing it, university officials decided to leave the pumpkin on the tower until it rots and falls.

My high school was lame. The “best” prank was done by the seniors when I was a sophomore; the night before the last day of school, they poured concrete along the bottom of the closed student-parking-lot gate so nobody could get in the next morning. :rolleyes:

The only thing I personally did was never publicized in any way, and I’m admitting it here for the first time. I took advantage of my position as a yearbook editor and made sure the name of a person I hated was misspelled throughout. I got a lot of satisfaction out of it at the time, but I concede now it’s awfully petty.

Re the palmed marble thing, I did a similar stunt when I graduated from college, except instead of passing my department’s dean a marble when I shook his hand at graduation, I tipped him a dollar. Got a big laugh from the audience when he looked down in confusion at his hand after I walked past, and unfolded the bill in front of everybody.

There was a minor tradition of some dumb stunt being pulled at graduation at my college, for my department specifically. The year before mine, the senior class had arranged to do a slapstick stumble at the same point of the stage — y’know, when you stub your toe on the ground and look back to see you tripped over nothing. It went fine for the first half-dozen people (tiny classes at my college); it got funnier and funnier the first three people, then less and less funny until it was getting stupid. Then the sixth person, who everybody thought was a talentless, graceless goon, tried to pull it off, but on the follow-through she lost control, windmilled her arms, and pirouetted down onto her ass. Priceless.

You know, I always kind of enjoy the idea of senior pranks, but there are 5000 students enrolled in my school and, frankly, I think we’ve got too many seniors to organize. Without that sense of unity, where’s the fun? So I guess the administrators get one nice thing out of all the headache of running a giant school…nobody bothers with a senior prank.

I had two ideas but can’t do them

1. remove all the door knobs in the school (knowing our luck that would be the day a serial killer breaks in and we need to go into lockdown)
  2. remove all the lightbulbs and pile them in the commons/cafeteria (our school tolerates sr pranks but only if they don’t disrupt class and that would)

Letting 10 year old zombies loose in the school?

My first reaction to this was that someone could die if they dived into the deep end! :eek:

The HS graduating classes before mine had startd a “tradition” of handing the prinicpal a puzzle pice, ususally from an offensive puzzle. He had gotten wise to that and kept a shllow box behind the podium so he could quickly get rid of the palmed puzzle pieces. Not to be outdone, our class palmed and handed him gum machine bouncy balls. Drop into the box, bounce out of the box, repeat 500 times.

I know the thread’s old but guar gum will thicken water to a jello-like consistency and is pretty safe to be around. The University of Minnesota once used it to thicken one of their pools to the consistency of syrup to see whether a more viscous liquid aided or impeded swimming speed. Turns out the increased drag slows you down but you also generate more force with each stroke and they cancel out.