Best. Thread Title. Ever.

This is sort of a GQ, but hardly worth bothering them about.

When did this phrase (i.e. Best. Super Bowl. Ever., Best. Survivor. Ever.) come into common usage?

About five seconds after “The Mother of All Thread Titles”

I think it’s from the Simpsons. The Comic Book Guy was always saying “Worst. Episode. Ever.”

Must assume Lorne Greene Battlestar Galatica pose…
best, death, ever

Worst. Phrase. Ever

Hey, it ain’t no bother. We like questions like that.

Yep. I can confirm as well that it’s a Simpsons reference.

I don’t know about “best” but “most read” thread title ever would be either Does this make me a lesbian? or What I did to win a wet t-shirt contest.

Oh come on, 7 replies with 359 views? Hardly the most read title.

Now where did you say that lesbian thread was?

Why don’t you take a poll of “Best Thread Title Ever?” That would generate some VERY readable responses.

I’m pretty sure that’s been done before.

That and the “Thread Titles Guaranteed to Get You Banned/Piss the Mods Off” were pretty funny IIRC.

I’d post links, but that would require a search, and it IS lunch time (meant as a commentary on board speed, not duck laziness).

I absolutely cannot remember now where I read this, but apparently Comic Book Guy’s catchphrase comes from a critic who wrote “Worst Episode Ever” as the title of a review of a Simpsons episode. Matt Groening took it, ran with it, and it’s come into popular usage since then.

Now that I think of it, I believe that I read that story on the SDMB somewhere. Off to search!

I absolutely cannot remember now where I read this, but apparently Comic Book Guy’s catchphrase comes from a critic who wrote “Worst Episode Ever” as the title of a review of a Simpsons episode. Matt Groening took it, ran with it, and it’s come into popular usage since then.

Now that I think of it, I believe that I read that story on the SDMB somewhere. Off to search!