Better Call Saul 2.01 "Switch" 2/15/16

Not sure there is a time zone where it’ll be showing in the next 24 hours though.

Yes, you’re right. I was looking for an escape hatch. Like, Martian days or something.

More filler and by-product than an off-brand hot-dog. P fuckin’ U.

I gather you didn’t like it.

He’s a hero. He puts himself through the ordeal of watching this utter garbage, which he so clearly hates, so that he can provide the valuable public service of telling us how stupid the show we’re discussing and interested in is.

He was actually worse in the Breaking Bad threads - basically hist posts amounted to “How can you idiots all think this show is so smart? Not me, I watch actual quality television!” but I’m too lazy to dig through the old threads for quotes. Here are some from last season of Better Call Saul:

Before the show aired, he was showing clear trepedation. He knew he was going to hate the show, and yet heroically made himself watch anyway.

No, you can’t stop. Why would you stop watching a show you hate when you can go on threads about it and tell everyone how much you hate it? You must see it through to the end.

Yes, Gatopescado is clearly very, very brave for suffering through it. (One also has to wonder what such a person thinks is “quality television”. Two Broke Girls? CSI: Miami? Hoarders?)

Unsurprising. The only positive words in Cafe Society from Gatopescado that I can find are for cartoons, and live action cartoons like Gilligan’s Island and It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

Maybe just stick to cartoons.

Re: Memento (getting remade)

This quote explains much:

Despite not liking scripted dramas, Gatopescado bravely soldiers on in order to let us, the unwashed masses, know how bad everything is.

I was going to defend Gatopescado for simply having a opinion, but then I read further…

Makes me smile, this thread does.

All of you, take it to the Pit if you have a problem with another poster…either that or report the posts you find offending without making it seem like a personal attack. SenorBeef, you were just recently warned about doing things similar to this, although there are others doing the same thing in this topic: Everyone needs to report the post and resist the urge to call out others on their posting behavior, especially if it’s about posts they didn’t even make in this topic. At best it’s Jr Modding and at worst, it can hijack a topic and cause a massive fight with insults thrown around. Let’s all get back to the topic at hand and off of one poster’s past posts/behavior. If you want to talk about that poster, make a Pit thread about them. Beyond this point, I don’t want to see any more posts about that hijack.
That all being said…

It’s obvious from your many past posts on these shows that you don’t like them. You’ve made it clear…time and time and time again. At this point, it’s really looking like you’re taking the chance just to threadshit in each topic about each episode, so if you don’t like the show, you don’t have to post in them. Don’t post in any more if you’re just going to basically put your hate for it in different ways, you can just ignore the thread.

I don’t think he was a con man per se any more than those guys con their clients as a part of their SOP.

I got the sense (and some things I have read seem to confirm) the creators originally planned to make Jimmy into Saul at the end of the first season but realized there was more interesting stories to tell about Jimmy so they backpedaled a bit.

I don’t believe that’s correct, I was careful not to use any sort of phrasing that might be viewed as a direct insult that could be seized on. I don’t think that this has anything to do with me finding quotes from him from previous episode threads to demonstrate his pattern of contributions to it.

In any case, next time he starts up his schtick, I’ll make a pit thread.

Take any further discussion to ATMB, this is not the place to argue over mod decisions. If you felt the need to correct me, you could do so in PM or ATMB. Don’t discuss this issue or decision again beyond this post, please.

So anyway, the second episode of Better Call Saul was great! Not sure if there’s a separate thread for it or if we just continue here…

There is!

Blessed be.