Biblical quotes

I’m currently writing a story where one of the characters is a religious fanatic. I need a good biblical quote as to how often evil or sin will try to get into your life or your world. Also if anyone can recommend a site with great bible quotes I would be very grateful.

(Old or New Testament is great; the character is quite insane so he can mix religions all he wants.)

Thanks

2000 B.C. - Here, eat this root.
1000 A.D. - That root is heathen. Here, say this prayer.
1850 A.D. - That prayer is superstition. Here, drink this potion.
1940 A.D. - That potion is snake oil. Here, swallow this pill.
1985 A.D. - That pill is ineffective. Here, take this antibiotic.
2000 A.D. - That antibiotic is artificial. Here, eat this root.

How about “In the beginning…” (Genesis 1:1)?

He could yell things like " ‘In the beginning!’ What does that tell you?! It tells you that sin has been around since the beginning!"

Er, you are aware that the religion that uses the Bible–Christianity–uses both the Old and the New Testaments? So your comment about “mixing religions” doesn’t really mean anything.

Judaism uses the Old Testament (which is known as the Torah)–but not the “Bible”. The “Bible” means both Testaments, and “Christianity”.

If you want Jewish as well as Christian frothing-at-the-mouth verse-spouting, say so. :smiley: Although I have to say that I wasn’t aware that Judaism was known for producing many frothing-at-the-mouth verse-spouters–I thought us Fundies kinda had a lock on that… :smiley:

There’s a lot of wierdness in Job. Even today, many people can be heard to say, “My Job is so wierd!”

–Nott

www.skepticsannotatedbible.com

GQ is for questions with factual answers. I think MPSIMS is a better fit for this question, so I’ll move the thread over there.

"The Lord looks down from heaven on the sons of men to see if there are any who understand, any who seek God. All have turned aside, they have together become corrupt; there is no one who does good, not even one. " – Psalms 14:2-3

“For I hear the slander of many; there is terror on every side; they conspire against me and plot to take my life.” – Psalms 31:30

“For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.” – Ephesians 6:12

"We know that we are children of God, and that the whole world is under the control of the evil one. " – 1 John 5:19

Well, he could quote Sam L. Jackson’s Biblical speech from Pulp Fiction. It’s only partly authentic, but very few will realise.

Then again, 10 seconds on Google turned up http://home.att.net/~quotations/bible.html

Or he could curse someone who likes making her own clothes:

“As ye sew, so shall ye rip!”

[sub]the devil made me do it[/sub]

Actually, only the first five books of the OT are the Torah.

IANJ, but I believe Jews use the term “Bible” for their Bible (the OT), too. I don’t think it just means Christianity.
stv