Big Bang Theory, February 27, 2014 -- "The Table Polarization"

Did they have different set design or editors or something? Have we ever seen the view out the window before? I noticed it immediately and then I couldn’t stop noticing it, both out from Sheldon and Leonard’s place and the next shot at Raj’s (or was it at Howard’s). Also, the camera movement, framing, and shots just seemed different. For some reason, it was distracting me.

pulykamel - I read on a different site that it was a different director than usual. changing things up on an episode about not changing things up.

They’ve totally altered the layout of the living room as well. The furniture is rotated about 45° counter-clockwise in the room. Apparently because of the camera angles needed for certain shots.

Fire that director and never use him again.

so in a subplot about continuity the show had a continuity failure. it’s all getting too weird for me.

Ah, so I’m not going crazy. (At least this particular observation is not evidence of me going crazy. :slight_smile: )

It’s Kaley, there isn’t an I in it.

I would like to be in that, however. :stuck_out_tongue:

We saw it in the episode where the bird got into the apartment, and in the episode when Sheldon threw the white board out of it and in the episode when Sheldon and Penny were feuding and Sheldon strung Penny’s clothes on the wires outside.

They never shot much of anything of that part of the set (room). There was the time the bird was on the window sill. I had wondered why there was a desk and computer set up there that no-one ever used.

They should rename the show “That’s our Sheldon!” and every time Sheldon acts like an asshole Sheldon can shrug and everyone can say “That’s our Sheldon!”

And yet I listed two other times they used that part of the set in the post right above yours.

I thought this whole episode was just another way to show how much of a complete wuss Howard is.

It was fun watching Amy manipulate Sheldon though. (“Damn, I got cocky.”)

Once Howard accepted, I expected, and was glad I didn’t see, Bernadette to tell him he couldn’t go because she was pregnant.

:rolleyes::dubious::rolleyes::dubious:

Christ.

Grow up.

O NOES!!! The writers and producers and director changed something in a tv show for the sake of the storyline!!! How dare they!!! :smack::rolleyes:

You obviously haven’t even the most simplistic basic knowledge of what is and isn’t important and what will and won’t be sacrificed without a second thought when it comes to making movies and tv shows.

To put it simply, the storyline and plot trumps everything including the layout of rooms and the continuity that all the posters in the BBT threads always bitch and whine about.

If the layout of a room needs to be changed to suit a particular storyline or scene and then changed back later in the show with no explanation BOOM! it happens. You don’t bitch or whine or blub because there isn’t time to have a 5 hour dorkout fest about why changing the layout for one scene has ruined the show forever or whatever.

I’m curious as to why you aren’t whining and complaining that Sheldon’s slutty assistant has been AWOL for most of the season. Seems to me that according to your ‘viewpoint’ that wouldn’t be consistent with the oh so precious continuity of the show.

Okay, what the hell’s going on? Did somebody on the SDMB evict an old gypsy woman from her house or something?

Maybe…

:dubious:

My favorite line was “You know how astronauts need to have the right stuff? Your stuff is wrong.” I love the way “Your stuff is wrong” was worded.

But they moved Sheldon’s spot, don’t you get it? They. Moved. Sheldon’s. Spot.

I was expecting Bernadette to pitch a fit because Howard, yet again, accepted a trip into space without consulting her. Her focus on how horrible it was for him just didn’t ring true with me.

I did get a kick out of Amy’s manipulation, but Penny and Leonard in IKEA was too cartoonish and predictable. And I thought it was stupid that they all caved and left the table at the end.

The show continues to disappoint me.