Big Bang Theory, February 27, 2014 -- "The Table Polarization"

OMG! I was just kidding. Ok everybody, stay away from any railroad tracks.

Yeah. Yeeesh… this thread is so negative and pedantic. It’s like Shelden’s contagious or something.

It was an okay ep. I got a few laughs (Leonard’s translation, Raj’s observation about sitting on the floor v Penny sitting there, Amy playing Sheldon). What I’d have liked to seen is everyone team up to manipulate Sheldon into liking the table. I’d have thought the obvious solution would be rather than asking him to try it, concede that he’ll never use it but since he isn’t could he pick the best spot so Leonard could sit there? Once he’d found the ideal seat, he wouldn’t stand for someone else having it.

I was probably typing my reply when you clicked “submit reply”. I admit I never refresh the page to check for new answers before I hit “submit reply”.

I apologize. :frowning:

I like TBBT and I hesitate to read these episode threads. They are a downer.

Almost every week someone says least funny episode of the season, or the series and it has jumped the shark.

And jeez, some people are so hung up on continuity. In the episode where Amy criticize the Raiders of the Lost Ark movie, I think the writers and producers were thumbing a nose and the obsession of people who were nitpicking continuity problems.

TBBT is a 22 minute show. It is not Homer’s Iliad, or Dickens Oliver Twist. If they didn’t take some editorial shortcuts, IMO the show would be impossible to watch.

Sheldon, Leonard and the gang theoretically have lives that are not been covered in the show and if something like Bernadette’s brother shows up next month, I swear there will be some people pissed that he was not at the wedding.

Yeah no.

Lorre is not gonna fire a director who has directed 57 episodes of the series. In fact I hope Gay Linvill directs EVERY episode of the show from now on.:smiley:

Overreact much?:rolleyes:

Excuse me. Didn’t you already respond to that post?

:dubious::rolleyes::rolleyes::confused::dubious:

Kindly link to where it is written that a poster may not respond to the same post more than once.

I’ll wait for your apology.:rolleyes:

Will I get a warning if I go get some popcorn?

It was a question. I am sorry. It just seemed to me that the manner in which you responded to silenus’s post the first time, you didn’t appear to leave any base uncovered that required you to come back and whack the frikkin’ living shit out of it again. Oh, BTW. Thank god for smilies, huh?

And Becky2844 - I dunno. I believe TubaDiva alluded to such in a recent ATMB thread.

It’s not the shortcuts, it’s the countryside rambles. Because everyone could have pointed out that the scene could have gone like this:

Bernadette: Have you guys ever thought of getting a dining table?
Sheldon: I don’t want a dining table!
Penny: Sheldon, how many people will the living room seat?
Sheldon: Six.
Penny: And how many people do we have for dinner every week?
Sheldon: Seven.
Penny: So how about you two geniuses add one more frickin’ chair to the living room, which you’ve obviously needed for about two years?
Everyone: (pause one beat, looks at each other)
Penny: Geniuses. Seriously?

Don’t be silly. Sheldon’s solution would be to eliminate one person from the group. Then they’d spend the next 20 minutes about whether it be Howard or Raj.

Yep, then TBBT would have had 29 minutes of commercials.

What is TV version of the Laffer Curve? Ratio of Ad Time/Show Time that keeps the viewer watching? :smiley: analogous to the ratio of Taxation/Earnings that keeps a worker working?

Holy crap, it’s brazil84’s twin.

I think I’ll continue to watch and enjoy the show . . . but not bother with these threads again. Too much petty stark going on. At least the guys on the show actually get paid for being this way.

I’m really sorry you feel that way. I tried to intervene with the person that was doing nothing but making nasty remarks to everyone but I see I just made things worse. Don’t go away - I know you love posting here. Tell you what - I haven’t been posting very long. I’ll stop posting.

I got a lot of enjoyment for years and years just by reading threads here (since the '90s!). I’m sure there are a lot of people just like me, marveling at the wit and wisdom of posters here, the horror of blimps, Cervaise letting loose on telemarketers, et al, but for whatever reason choosing not to post. I’ll just go back to doing that. Please don’t go. Goodbye.

: (
mmm

I like the show. If I didn’t, I wouldn’t watch it. I just think the creators have turned Sheldon from a funny character to something that is insufferable. It’s only through the charm of Jim Parsons that the character is bearable.

I’ve been quietly whimpering in my bunk… :frowning:

She was slutty? I must have missed an episode. All I gathered was she was interested in Leonard. And that she might be a better match for him than Penny. Oh, and after Sheldon told her to take the on-line sexual harassment course for him, I thought she looked for another job opportunity and found one.