Big Bang Theory March 22 2010

And everyone sitting there with a strange look on their faces, not wanting to be the first to say it…

But that’s not what makes him a geek icon. Lehrer graduated magna cum laude from Harvard at 19 with a degree in math, and later taught at Harvard, Wellesley and M.I.T., and worked at Los Alamos. He continued to teach college math until he retired in 2001.

For another great Lehrer geek song, check out Lobachevsky.

My husband isn’t as into the geek humor on this show as I am (I’m a much bigger geek than him) and he actually laughed out loud at this joke.

The vanity card at the end of BBT showed a studio audience and stated there was no canned laughter. I have read that one of the big criticisms of BBT was the annoyance of the laugh track. Do you think they changed format, or is BBT lying?

I noticed that. I think they missed the point. I don’t care if it is a laugh machine, a pre-recorded laugh track or the studio audience. The laughter is distracting.

He did look damned good. Makes me want to go out and buy a suit for the first time in a decade or so.

Good episode, some funnies, but the ending was annoying and disappointing.

or (paraphrased) “That’s a lot of money for a suit with only one color.”

I don’t know, it had some good moments (the inverse therapy session, Sheldon on the phone with his mother), but the episode didn’t quite work.

Why don’t you ask Dex?

Lehrer taught for many years at UCSC, the University of California at Santa Cruz.

Easily the killer line of the episode here, and the reaction shot was perfect.

Suit-shopping with Sheldon was a fun bit to watch. I almost expected Penny to let him roll with the white tux.

I was a bit annoyed by the ending, as well. But the episode was good overall.

a. a bat; b. a bat; c. a bat; d. a bat; e. my father trying to kill my mother with a hypodermic needle.

And he also invented the Jello Shot.

My favorite: Silent E. Blew my mind when I was six.

I had a dream that I was a giant, but everything around me was to scale so it all looked normal.

What was his response when they asked him how he knew? I missed that line.

He was wearing size a million pants.

Which was silly. A real physicist could think of five ways to measure his height with a barometer.

But until he saw his pants size he didn’t know he was any bigger then normal, since everything around him was to scale.

I don’t get the joke with the Geology professor who is happy when people take his work for granted.