Bitch about your favorite sports team here

Now is pretty much the dead time for sports, so all of you out there with gripes, let’s help kill the time until the NCAA Basketball Tournament with some good old fashioned bitching. Complain about your team is out of the playoff picture. Complain about how your baseball team has already bungled away the 2003 season. Hell, complain about the Super Bowl champion Bucs raising ticket prices. Everything is fair game.

Now:

Dean Lombardi, GM of the San Jose Sharks, can kiss my ass. Lombardi farked up this whole season when he (a) let Brad Stuart and Evgeni Nabokov hold out, which sent the team into a season-opening slump from which they never recovered, and then (b) fired coach Darryl Sutter because the team couldn’t deal with Lombardi’s screw-ups. The Sharks are all but officially eliminated from the playoffs in a season that some people picked them as a dark horse for the Stanley Cup. I’m sitting here watching them blow another game (Islanders score 24 seconds in), and I’m just flabbergasted.

Hey playoff contenders, need some more talent? The San Jose fire sale begins any day now (Owen Nolan, please pick up the white courtesy phone).

So how has YOUR team done you wrong?

The Redskins (aka one of the most under-achieving teams in sports). Nuff said. Everyone from the Washington area should concur.

Well, i’ve only been in the US a couple of years, but it didn’t take me long to learn that the owner and the managers of the Orioles steadfastly refuse, every winter, to add anyone to the roster who might possibly help the team get above .500. The players they have seem to do the best they can, but they’re either young guys who need more time in the majors, or washed-up has-beens who are paid way too much for the production they give the team. Memo to Orioles management: just because a guy won 20 games or hit .320 with 57 homers eight years ago doesn’t mean that he can do it now.

The Ravens, on the other hand, i don’t have much of a problem with. The coach is a dickhead, but he really seems to know about the game so i can forgive that. They won the Superbowl in my first year here, which disposed me favorably towards them. The next year was pretty bad, but not having Jamal Lewis really hurt them, and Fat Elvis (Grbac) totally failed to live up to expectations at quarterback. This past season, they only managed 7-9, but they had the youngest team in the NFL, and with a bit more experience some of those guys are going to end up being great pro footballers. Gotta love Todd Heap. The only thing i really hate is that they got rid of a guy with Priest Holmes’s running ability. Oh, and they really need to do something about the quarterback position, which has been like musical chairs for the past few seasons.

“Now is pretty much the dead time for sports…”

Unless you’re a fan of the greatest game on earth… :slight_smile:

Lemme see… perhaps you caught my rant about the Canadiens trading Hackett to the Bruins and my sentiment that this was a bad fucking idea.

I predicted that this trade would come back to haunt them and after the 6-3 whupping the Bruins laid on my Habs I believe my prediction has come true.

Theodore has a few more wins under his belt but only because he’s playing nearly every fucking game… Hackett’s SP is 5th or 6th in the league while Theodore’s is in the basement.

They should have traded Theodore for some offense and kept Hackett.

Fuck.

Well, the Steelers went in the right direction (finally) with Kordell Stewart’s release- wonder who will pick him up?

Cowher has proved that he can win games, but why the playoff chokes? He should play more to win and less to “not lose.” This strategy keeps too many teams in close games, and allows other teams to win when they could have already been beaten.

And the secondary… all you have to do is keep them busy and send someone out on a pattern to be covered by a linebacker, you have a 20 yard completion. AAARRRGGGH!

AARRGH! Lakers! Trade Murray and Medvedenko for Fortson! It works under the cap. The Warriors are looking to get rid of him and his long term contract. You need a legitimate PF who can let Horry ride the pine for a while and rest up. You never use Murray or Medvedenko anyway, and their contracts end this season so Golden State can use them. It works! Why isn’t this being proposed? GAH!

I agree. I will admit, having the 'Skins win three Superbowls in my lifetime probably spoiled me, but dammit, I want them to at least be competitive for more than one season every decade!

Now, what post bitching about the 'Skins would be complete if I left out Danny Boy Snyder? Damn you and the $2.1 billion you made selling your communications business! We finally had a decent quarterback in this town after seven years of Gus Ferrotte & Co. (a quarterback who just won the Superbowl, mind you), and you drive him out of town for Jeff George? Jeff Fucking George?!?! Hadn’t he already been cut from three other teams before you pay him a multi-million dollar contract to “be an insurance policy?” Damn you, playing fantasy football with my team!

Never mind the musical chairs you’ve been playing with the coaches. I like Spurrier. I really do, and I think he’ll be successful eventually. However, Schottenheimer would have gotten the team to the playoffs this past year, I’m sure of it. You can’t hire a guy for $10 million and expect a conference championship immediately! Have a little patience! I’m having as much as a human being can have with you right now, that’s for sure.

Damn, that felt good.

-LA

“Now is pretty much the dead time for sports…”

Unless you’re a fan of the greatest game on earth… :slight_smile:

Lemme see… perhaps you caught my rant about the Canadiens trading Hackett to the Bruins and my sentiment that this was a bad fucking idea.

I predicted that this trade would come back to haunt them and after the 6-3 whupping the Bruins laid on my Habs I believe my prediction has come true.

Theodore has a few more wins under his belt but only because he’s playing nearly every fucking game… Hackett’s SP is 5th or 6th in the league while Theodore’s is in the basement.

They should have traded Theodore for some offense and kept Hackett.

Fuck.

Preach it, brother.

I’ve been a Red Sox fan for about the last 30 years.

End of rant.

Niners fan checking in. I am roundly unimpressed with the brains trust running the show now. Dr. York is a collossal buttwipe, and Terry Donahue isn’t all that and a bag of chips, either. Walsh is a prick, but he always was and it never got in the way of the niners being successful. You canned Mooch for Dennis Erickson? Puheeze! Bring back Eddie D.! He knew how to run a class organization, even if he was crooked as a dog’s hind leg.

I’m going international on this rant. Could the Italian national team please, please, please realize that the “get a goal and sit on the lead” bullshit doesn’t work?

The country produces some amazing strikers but they steadfastly refuse to play a style that takes full advantage. Yeah, it’s neat to see a well executed counterattack but that doesn’t have to be your gameplan year in and year out. There was a ray of sunshine when Dino Zoff took over as coach but he quit in a huff after being unfairly criticized. He probably scared the establishment by coaching attacking soccer.

They had the talent to win the World Cup last year but pulled the same old shit.

And why the hell to I put up with it? Every year I think “It’ll be different this time” but it never is. I’m such a fucking moron.

Sorry to pull you off of North American sports for this rant.

I’m an Arizona Cardinals fan. One of the few, the proud.
Except for the proud bit.

I’m a Lions fan, and two months ago, I would have had plenty to bitch about. I just can’t do it now, though. We got Mooch. (Ha ha, ** An Arky**) We got rid of the incompotent coaches. We should have the second overall pick in the draft, unless Jonnie and the Reverand screw that up for us, in which case I will pit as I have never pitted before.

The University of Michigan women’s basketball team is suffering through a seven game losing streak. Last season, they won 10 of their first 11 games (all against non-conference opponents) then could manage only 6 wins against 10 losses in Big Ten conference play. (The Big Ten actually has eleven universities, which makes no sense, but anyway…) This season has gone even worse. They once again started out OK, with nine wins and only two losses in the nonconference schedule. They got beat pretty bad in their first three Big Ten/Eleven games, won two, then blew a 13 point lead and lost to Penn State. Since then they have lost six more games, including two drubbings by in-state rival Michigan State.

They play at Penn State tonight. Penn State is in first place in the league and is ranked 13th in the entire US of A.

I just do not know what to think of the Wolverine Women’s recent troubles. They have some very good players, and the coach’s record in her first five seasons was quite good. For some reason they are just not playing as well the past two seasons. People are predictably calling for the coach to be fired. On the one hand, I really like her and do not want to see her go. On the other hand, I am beginning to think that maybe a change needs to be made for the good of the program.

Hopefully they can beat Penn State, get some momentum going, finish the season on a positive note, and save the coach’s job.

You know, I would be complaining about my favorite sports team…

…but that team would be the Spurs. :slight_smile:

Oh, here’s one! David Robinson, are you made of glass? Get your bones healed and start playing!

The Chicago Cubs.

'Nuff said.

Oh boy, where to begin. How 'bout with pro hoops, where the Cleveland Cadavers are keeping at a good steady two wins a month clip, in the vain hope that they’ll wind up with Lebron James. James will, of course, wind up with the Lakers and the Cavs will wind up with another foreigner with bad feet and no game.

On the college level, we have the Cleveland State Vikings, who hired a big name coach several years ago (Rollie Massimino), not knowing that poor Rollie had left his game back two jobs ago at Villanova. Boy, do the Vikings stink, though my brother, who is one of several people who has season tickets for them, reports that the did successfully run a play on offense recently, which would be a first for the Massimino era.

Then there are the Indians, who talk a good game about rebuilding (in another thread I say that they’ve got some good talent and will contend in the weak AL Central this season) but now think who won’t open up there checkbook when push comes to shove. We’re talking return to the dark days of the 1960s’ '70’s and 80’s.

Finally, there are the Browns, who left town in '95 and took my heart with them. (Don’t tell me to be reasonable, I’m a sports fan and by definition I’m unreasonable!) To hell with the the NFL, I say.

Hey now. The Admiral is old and has been abused his entire career by the likes of Olajuwon and O’Neal.

And after watching the Spurs play the Lakers the other night - Jesus Christ! Duncan was absolutely unstoppable in the home stretch. Scary team.

Cowboy’s season ended like I expected so no gripe about the players or coaches… just about their god dammed stupid fucking mirror licking fecal headed owner. What a diiiiiiiiiiiiiiick!