Bloomin Daffodils...

I have 4 daffodils in bloom on my patio and a half of dozen more buds about to open. Now I know you are prolly saying so what, but it is my favorite flower and a sign to me that spring is just around the corner. What is it that tells you the end of winter is here and spring has sprung?

I really try to be good but it just isn’t in my nature!

:::Looks out at the snow in the yard:::
Did someone forget to tell me winter was over? Just kidding :slight_smile:
Maybe you can answer a question for me. One time someone gave me cut daffodils to keep on my desk at work. I thought they smelled like cat piss, and had to throw them away. Do they normally smell like that?
Rose

I told you not to be stupid, you moron.

Huh?
Spring is just around the corner?
But it was raining like hell today!

The facts, although interesting, are irrelevent.

Hey! When I got home this afternoon and stepped out on the back patio to see how my garden was doing, I had my own little daffodil surprise! The first bud has opened fully, and there’s a second that will probably open tomorrow - with lots and lots more to follow. :::happy dance!:::

So what if it’s rainy and cold and spring’s still a long way off?! Daffodils are mother nature’s way of reminding us that “grey skies are gonna clear up,” and that the miracle of new life and green growing things will soon be here!

StoryTyler
“Not everybody does it, but everybody should.”

Hmm, probably when all the cherry and plum trees start to bloom. The one in my yard is currently blooming (it’s a plum), even though it’s one of the first trees to bloom, it still reminds me warm ups are on the way.

oh, also when the rains start to let up too.

Uh, Tyler, you live in California, things are ALWAYS growing here :). Heh, kidding.

I woke up this morning in a bratty mood and feel the need to point out that spring is prolly one of the only things that California gets before the rest of the country, so I don’t feel any guilt at all about rubbing spring in the faces of everyone who tells me what happens on a television show before I get to see it!!!

:stuck_out_tongue:

I really try to be good but it just isn’t in my nature!

Well, I noticed that my hyacinths have started to sprout. It was still cold as a big dog this morning though.

[chanting]Spring! Spring! Spring![/chanting]

The plum trees bloom!

The young girls start to flirt more.