Board maint - Sundays 1:10 AM?

I happened to be up late the past two Saturdays and I was browsing the SDMB. On both days at about 1:10 AM Sunday (Central Time), I got a page saying only “503 service unavailable”. Yesterday the board began responding again at about 1:20 AM, but seemingly a little slow. The week before, I just went to bed.

This is obviously not some major problem, so just out of curiosity, is there some maintenance that goes on at that time?

I think that’s what time the hackers log on.

It has seemed to me for a long time that the board ALWAYS goes down early Sunday morning, typically anywhere around midnight to 02:00 a.m. Pacific Time.

Lately, there seems to be frequent down time late in the evenings too, like around 11:00 p.m. (Pacific) or thereabouts, on various days of the week.

It’s feeding time for the hamsters.

Might be routine maintenance time at the server. I don’t think it’s anything happening on this end.

:confused: “This end”?

Honest question, basically so I can better understand your posts when hamsters-vs-people topics like this come up.

At a guess - SDMB doesn’t control the server directly. It’s a joint usage.

If I’m right, it would kind of be like asking the people who maintain your car why there are potholes in the street.

I assure you I’ve met her and she’s not a hamster.

A hamstress (hamtrix?) maybe?

ETA: :smiley:

Hamstrung?