When are the hampsters the most rested up?

When are the biggest SDMB traffic jams and when are the faster-running times? I used to be able to see a pattern based on working hours of East Coasters and Midwesterners, but I don’t think it’s there anymore - I never know when to expect difficulty accessing or posting to threads.

When are the boards ALWAYS down? I was finding them consistenly unavailable between 1:30 and 2:00 a.m. Pacific Time, but it’s been awhile since I checked.

Also, has an email really been dispatched to your technical staff? (I’m referring to the message one sometimes gets when the server is unavailable.) If I sit there and hit Refresh a dozen times, are a dozen emails dispatched?

One more question: Is it mostly North American traffic that slows the boards, or do European, Aussie, etc. posters contribute significantly? Am I correct in thinking the biggest demographic “humps” are in the Eastern and Central time zones of N.A.?

I just recently asked the ‘email’ question- the answer is here.

Thanks, Melandry! I would have done a search, but the hampsters were huffing and puffing… I hope my other questions haven’t all been recently asked and answered, too.

The ATMB thread FAQ - technical issues - please read this BEFORE posting a question says:

I read the FAQ once, I swear! Sorry, folks! I’m sure my demographics question has ALSO been discussed… I’ll just go eat worms now

In general, the highest use is during the daytime in the USA. Beyond that I can’t say.

You can’t say because you don’t know, because it doesn’t follow a regular patter, or because then you’d have to kill us? :smiley:

There is definitately a regular patter around here.

:smiley:

GilaB - because I don’t know. :frowning:

Wait… you don’t know whether you don’t know, you don’t know that it follows a regular pattern, or you don’t know that you’d have to kill us?

As far as bringing some of the members to an untimely end - that desire is always burning in my breast. But I can’t predict “when to expect difficulty accessing or posting to threads”.