This is not a rant. I’ve culled the posts of Carol Stream and Bodini from the Black Friday Can Fuck Off thread in light of the charge by Bodini that Stream’s posts need cooling down. Bodini obviously regarded this charge seriously with an official WARNING that has implications for future banning.
Perhaps I’m a SDMB sociopath because I don’t really understand the offence in this particular thread and failing to understand could make me vulnerable to getting banned which I hope to avoid. Can someone explain this to me and how Stream could acceptably present her opinion in this pit thread as well as defend herself?
By the way, I also thought it was a good OP. But I also think there’s room for the sentiment of "suck it up "
[QUOTE=Carol Stream]
Oh yay, another teenage angst thread, just what we need. Waaa! Waaa!
[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Carol Stream]
So you really enjoy threads full of teenage angs
[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Carol Stream]
t. Damn.
[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Carol Stream]
No, it wasn’t. It was whining, pure and simple.
[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Carol Stream]
“Diseased cuntrag,” contributes how, exactly?
[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Lynn Bodoni]
I did my part by not buying ANYTHING on Black Friday. No gas, no groceries, and especially no gifts. I didn’t even shop online. I might have missed the opportunity to save a few bucks, but I didn’t get my nerves any more frazzled than they normally are. I think that my nerves are more valuable than a little bit of money. The whole experience is just an exercise in futility.
[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Carol Stream]
Shoudn’t whining about personal problems properly go in MPSIMS?
[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Carol Stream]
From the rules:
Rants should be suitable for the Pit
Rants which are genuine but simply too tepid or mundane for the Pit will be moved or closed, as we see fit. Lastly, rants about personal trauma that are expected to generate mostly supportive, sympathetic responses will likely be moved to MPSIMS. This is not a commentary on the seriousness of said life events, merely the best forum for that type of thread.
[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Carol Stream]
Why? Because the adminitrators enforce their own rules haphazardly?
[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Carol Stream]
We told me to? You’ve got to be kidding. :rolleyes:
[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Carol Stream]
Once again, I will ask. Do you support threads about teenage retail angst? WHY?
[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Carol Stream]
Maybe I misread the board rules, but I doubt it. How is questioning the moderation “pissing in public”? I thought that’s where this belongs.
[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Carol Stream]
OK. Sorry about that, then.
[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Carol Stream]
That would be the OP.
I know, don’t read it. It’s still annoying, though.
[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Carol Stream]
And some of you would be wrong.
A retail person had to actually “work” today? The horror!
[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Lynn Bodoni]
I cannot tell from the OP whether s/he’s male, female, or anything in between. I also can’t tell if s/he’s 16 or 66, or anything in between. I considered the rant as being part personal, but also a commentary on the social phenomena of Black Friday and clueless customers. This rant is appropriately placed and timely.
WARNING:
Carol Stream, cool it with the attitude. Most of your posts seem to be in the Pit, and have a trollish flavor to them. Even your posts which are NOT in the Pit are often trollish or overly aggressive. Your posts are frequently inappropriate in tone and placement.
Lynn Bodoni
Administrator
For the Straight Dope Message Board
[/QUOTE]