Bomb Found at Soros' Home

Okay. Last I read some of them were still “suspicious devices” that hadn’t yet been verified as explosives. The CNN one, in particular. Back before I went to lunch. I know a lot of folks must be paying a lot more attention today, so I expect there will be a false alarm or two. Though maybe they won’t be reported on until after - I mean, if they’ve figured out more quickly.

Of course sending mail bombs is the natural right-wing response to having hurt feelings. They’re just mourning the death of civility in their own vulnerable way.

NYPD official says the suspicious package was full of informative pamphlets. It was a propaganda bomb.

Now one has been intercepted at the Congressional Mail Sorting Office addressed to Maxine Waters.

Hmmm, sure seems like there should be a lot of clues here. This shouldn’t take too long to figure out.

And the NRCC* launched a new ad today with Soros as bogeyman, because of course they are.
*National Republican Congressional Committee, the official party organization for electing House members

Part of me sees the whole thing as trolling. What is gonna git them librul media more riled up than this? Hur Hur

But it sure looks like a conspiracy nutter could be doing this, too. Not sure how to parse it.

Oh, people on the right wing pretty much immediately started shouting “false flag” and claiming Soros planted the bomb himself.

Oh yeah. Ben Shapiro had the basic sense to denounce those claims (that it’s a false flag). Members of his staff, however, immediately said that they thought it was false flags.

It’s amazing the stuff George Soros gets blamed for. I was living in Bangkok when Thailand’s economy crashed on July 2, 1996, sparking a regional crash in turn, all over Southeast and East Asia. Many people and even governments – mainly Malaysia but others too – to cause the crash on purpose, raking in obscene profits in the process.

A suspicious package was found at Robert De Niro’s restaurant in New York this morning.

Biden got two package bombs. Just because he’s uh special?

This is a disturbed whack job that hopefully will be caught soon. I hate seeing it needlessly politicized. We’ve had sick people send dangerous packages for decades. You can’t hold any political group responsible for the actions of a deranged person.

It is certainly possible a extremist group could he behind this. But, the past cases were all a single disturbed individual working alone.

Ten of them have been found, and none have exploded. That seems odd.

Not only crazy but incompetent.

Trump of all people is calling for turning down the heat. Fire-starter-in-chief.

You know what I hate seeing? An entire huge political movement become completely and utterly entrenched in insane conspiracy theories, to the point that they’re basically immune to reality. The president of the united states using his bully pulpit to call his political opponents criminals, the news media enemies of the state, and anyone who would vote for the other party crazy. The rise of far-right nationalism and the violence that always accompanies it it with no attempt made by the party in power (who happens to be right-wing and to benefit substantially from said far-right nationalism) to stem the tide, or even to not explicitly fan the flames. Trump went not even one fucking day after someone sent bombs to news outlets and high-ranking democrats before he started blaming it on the media. That’s what I hate.

If you’re the kind of person who takes the insane rambling of people like Limbaugh or Hannity, or Trump seriously, you’re going to constantly hear how the media is the cause of everything wrong in America. Maybe it would be for the best if we did something about them. If you take what Trump and his most virulent supporters say seriously, then trying to kill as many high-ranking democrats and newspeople as possible is extreme, but definitely not crazy. The crazy part is taking what Trump, the president of the United States, mind you, says seriously. And there’s a good 40% of the country who doesn’t think that that’s crazy. And that’s almost certainly where you get attacks like this.

Yeah, this is gonna get politicized. Y’know why? Because it, like Pizzagate, is an inherently political thing. And it will remain so until the republican party stops using every bully pulpit it has from talk radio to network television to the @POTUS twitter account to do everything short of directly demanding exactly this behavior.

Someone in another thread suggested that Trump’s lying and accusing may become the standard way to become elected by the wealthy and great unwashed. I fear that it appears to work. Rednecks vote for that kind of behavior; I fear it will carry over to congress and state government. Please explain that I am mistaken.

The dishonesty is not the main problem. The problem is that the entire US political process is decided by money. That’s how a liar with a personality disorder was able to get in. Take every possible step to remove money from the political equation (and that means EVERY step that exists, not just make improvements), and the dishonesty problem becomes manageable.

I doubt that we can ever change that.

Trump is calling for the ***targets ***to turn down the heat.

Politics has always been a dirty, back stabbing business. They used to play nice for the cameras & public. These days all the nastiness is openly expressed.

That doesn’t mean any rational person wants violence or anarchy. Everyone needs to dial back the partisanship and realize we’re jeopardizing the country.

They are making progress on finding the bomber.