Bon Cop Bad Cop

I just saw this movie yesterday, and I have to say, it was great! I might even go see it again, with other people, just because I laughed so hard the first time and I want to see some of those scenes again.

For those of you who don’t know, this is a Québec movie filmed in both English and French, with English subtitles for the French parts. Patrick Huard (a much better actor than I thought he’d be, as I knew him mostly for his stand-up work) plays a Québec Sûreté cop, and Colm Feore plays an OPP cop. They are forced to work together when a body is found literally across the Ontario-Québec border. Hilarious antics ensue as they track down the killer and try and figure out what the hell is up with the other guy’s province and behaviour. It’s not just comedy, though, and the plot is quite interesting and even a little emotional at one point (well, for me, anyways!)

Has anyone else seen this yet? I highly recommend it if you get the chance!

“TAH-tt-oo ?”

I head about this on “Sounds Like Canada (in the Summer)” with Jian Ghomeshi on the CBC radio (yay Sirius!) and thought how sad it is that I have to wait for it to come out on video. Not a lot of Canadian movies come through Baltimore.

I loooooved it. Totally want to get it when it comes out on video so I can rewatch it and catch ALL the jokes.

Also, the bar? RIGHT NEXT TO MY HOUSE.

I saw it last night. I wasn’t sure if I’d like it, but I was pleasantly surprised, it really is very funny. Especially for those who know at least a little bit about hockey and the major characters in the Canadian hockey industry, since many of them are lampooned.