Brain farts in the MMP

Now that would be cool. Extra points for knocking your opponent overboard.

I hate mobility scooters, not for the beneficial service they provide, but they seem to all be owned by the same assh…individuals who were complete assh…not very good drivers on the road. IMHO.

FCM, I was in Panama many years ago on business and got to see ships locked though the canal, but never from aboard ship. And I AM NOT A GEEZER! I’m just too old to boogie down anymore…

Peaches, I get the random socks now and then. The scary part is that i live alone…:eek::eek::eek:

Cashed a check I got as part of a class-action suit I didn’t even know I was part of. My share bought me lunch at JJ’s, so not a munificent sum. Also visited the new city library, very nice but it seems like they have more space and fewer books.

Afternoon nappage and cleaning are being looked forward too (well, the nappage is…)

Went to the local supermarket for lunch (they have a sammich counter). Waiting & waiting as there’s no one there (but that’s not uncommon). Finally walk over to the deli counter & find out that it’s closed for the day. :mad: Go up to the desk to make a complaint - I come in to your ‘restaurant’ & not only is it closed but you don’t even have a sign up stating that?
I’m told corporate doesn’t like them doing that. Methinks I’ll just have to see what corporate says about that meeselfs because it’s always better to tell a customer after many minutes that your ‘restaurant’ is closed rather than right away! :smack: :mad: :smack: :mad:

Retired? <Check>
Old enough to not boogie down anymore? <Check>

:o

They will send you coupons that you can bring in and not use the next time they are closed.

Howdy Y’all! Da cave is now all spiffed and sanitized for your convenience. OK, y’all wouldn’t catch any major life-threatenin’ diseases from bein’ here. I made up the mac 'n cheese and shall pop it into the oven for final cheese meltiness shortly before it gets et. Also cooked the green beans and will heat ‘em up. Instead of rotissin’ the ham, I have it in a slow cooker and it should be done within the hour. Smells soooooo good! When I put the biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig trash can out the trash folks had not run. So There! :stuck_out_tongue: They have since made pickup and my and my neighbor’s biiiiiiiiiiiiiig trash cans are back where they live between pickups.

Peaches when you said ground beast and snausage, I immediately thought beastloaf as I use both when makin’ one. I make two at a time and use two pounds of beast and a pound of snausage.

I have so many lost moments that my former doctor suspected I have CTE or something…….I hate this house in the fact that once its cold it stays that way ……I hope we start xmas baking soon …that way its warm or the first 3 days then ya sweat cause its wayyy to hot ………

I wasn’t suggesting you’re a geezer - just saying the cruise line caters to geezers, so it’s a nice, quiet cruise. Seriously, there were only 4 or 5 kids aboard, which is unusual, based on our cruising experiences. I don’t think there were any teens or 20-somethings (possibly not even 30-somethings) plus our steward said HAL tended to attract the 60+ crowd, which is us!

:smiley:

Why do we use “brain farts” as an idiom for not being able to remember something? It seems like the analogy here is we have a thought in our brain which we can’t get out. Which is the opposite of what happens with a fart.

It seems to me that a brain fart should be when we say something that we realize we shouldn’t have said. In other words, we’re embarrassed by something we let out unintentionally.

Also not a geezer, and I can get down.

Getting up again is a whole 'nother issue, but that’s what cute paramedics get paid for. Or maybe Gopher and Isaac, if we go on a cruise…

And beastloaf sounds tasty, particularly because the sausage includes bacon. (I think the brand is Farmland’s Best. The local not-Pubix grocery puts it on sale every few weeks. It’s tasty! And about $5 for 60 ounces during the average sale. For that price, I don’t even care whether it’s all beaks and assholes.)

Nightshadea, I completely understand about warming the house. It’s cold and wet here, and I’m actually enjoying doing lots of laundry. The HVAC tapped out a couple of years ago, so it’s nice to run the dryer when it gets wintry. (Not so much in August when I couldn’t use the clothesline and the children need dry underoos for school!)

Brain skip. Brain hole. Thought loss. Neuron misfire. Synapse skip. My glia slipped.

Because the thought farted out and is no longer in the brain - duh! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Yesterday I did too many things. Today I am mostly resting and recovering spoons. Not very exciting. Akiko-pup is quite happy to snuggle, which is nice.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For poke products, shouldn’t that be snouts and assholes?? Or does it come from mutant pigs?? :confused:

I live downstream from the Savannah River Site. Beaks and assholes it is.

I remember when I worked at a community centre, and I taught my French-speaking boss the English term “brain fart,” and she was much amused. :slight_smile:

I went to the hospital this morning to do a blood test, urine test, and another kind of test I hadn’t done before. Thankfully, I was able to do it then and there, instead of having to do it at home and then having my roommate discover an unpleasant surprise in our fridge. :eek::rolleyes::stuck_out_tongue:

Oh, and I had to take a number while waiting, and I got the number 666.

We got the groceries.
Ripple was being friendly, walking up to strangers and letting them pet him. He got excited when he saw the woman who brought out our groceries, being that he knows her.
I didn’t know the some of the shrimp I was buying is fresh, so I guess it will be shrimp for dinner either tonight or tomorrow. Probaby not tonight because I had a big lunch and I’m still not hungry.

The cat almost got the mouse, but almost doesn’t count, except in horseshoes and hand grenades.
The traps should be here Wednesday, see which gets him first.

My son took his music final, got an A. Now to turn in the paper, which he thought was done, but now he wants to add another paragraph.
Then all he has left is the business final. As long as he gets at least a 53 on it he will get an A in the class.
I will be so glad when it is all over so I can put him to work around here.

**Sari **- you know you can cook the shrimp and refrigerate it, then make shrimp salad, if you’re so inclined. Just a thought.

Daughter made a chicken and rice dish for supper. It had cream of 'shroom soup, cream of celery soup, and 2 packets of lipton onion soup mix. TRÈS salty!!! It when **FCD **says it’s salty, you know it is.

I believe I may steal “beaks and assholes” - I like it! :smiley:

Blurf. We are getting into the 50’s which is quite cold for us. I am not amused.

Waiting for the kid’s final grade is at least as stressful as waiting for my own. Maybe more.

If she has an A in her university level anthropology class, Girl 2.0 is officially salutatorian of her class, and guaranteed a full ride at the University she wants to attend. A B might drop her to 3rd, and more paperwork for the scholarships she needs.

I’ve spent the semester playing cheerleader. Da Kid took composition and calculus as her easy A classes, and has struggled more with anthropology, but enjoyed the class a lot. I want her to enjoy the process. But we need that full scholarship. Can we all pray for the curve, please?

I took an anthropology class at McGill and enjoyed it.