Bye for a while! It's been fun.

I know, I know. You’re probably thinking:

1. Who? and
  2. Who cares?

But what the hey – I’ll be gone for a while and there is the outside chance that someone out there may wonder where I’ve disappeared to. You know, something along the lines of “Hmmm, the amount of inane postings seemed to have decreased ever so slightly. Say, has anyone seen Bottle of Smoke?”

Anyway, this is my really busy time of the year. January through March means year-end finanacial reporting and analysis, new three year plans, new forecasts, and a boatload of work. And this year it is complicated by the fact that our business analyst, my right hand man, has decided to leave the company. So my already full workload will be bursting at the seams. Something’s gotta give, and it looks like it will be my time here. I thought about just cutting back. You know, just popping in every other day or so. But you all know the pull of this place, and what a huge time drain it can be. Better to stop cold turkey for a couple months than risk the board’s addictive powers.

So starting tomorrow, I’ll be SDMB free for a while. Do they make a patch for this kind of thing?

Awww, Bottle! Even though you’re a {{shudder}} Packer Fan, I thought you were fun.

I’ll miss ya anyway. See you when you get back.

Perhaps when you suffer withdrawl, you can just ask five or six co-workers if they believe in circumcision?

just a thought.

jarbaby

Oooh, know what you mean. On the 31st of this month, my direct supervisor is qutting and both the accountant and the finance person are being transfered to another office in the state (the LD charges on the fax machine are gonna skyrocket). I’m stuck with…the Sr. V.P.!

Good luck and see you in March.

[sub]Self 1: Betcha $50 he posts at least once before the end of March.
Self 2: You’re on![/sub]

Farewell, **BOS[/].

Crunch those numbers.
Crunch them well.
Crunch them long.
Crunch them firmly.

See you second quarter.

Damnable coding!

Gee whiz, Bottle O’, it won’t be the same around here without ya. Don’t worry, I’ll try to erect a few Playstation threads in your absence.

Remember - they’re only numbers, they’re not love.
[sub]I have no idea what I mean by that, so don’t ask me[/sub]

Good luck with all the work, Bottle, and come back soon. The boards never can have too many rabid Pogues fans!

Damn straight. When I began posting here, you were one of my favorite posters just because of your username alone. Good luck in the business world, and we’ll see you when you have time to enjoy life again.

Bottle is tempted to mope,
'cause he’s taking a break from the Dope.
But we know he’ll be back
when the workload goes slack,
so meanwhile he’ll just have to cope.

:smiley:

B o’ S- we’ll miss ya while you’re gone. Hurry back.

We’ll miss you, BOS. But, like Tom Bodette says in those Motel 6 commercials…We’ll leave the light on for ya.

(I’ll just keep this here deck of cards on the table, cut to the Queen of Spades :wink: )

Why bother? The cards are all the same. ;):wink:
[sub]don’t murder me[/sub]

Oh sure, just when we’re gettin’ ta know ya, ya decide to go off and have a life!

Hmph.

“Got on a lucky one. Came in eightteen to one!”

See you soon, Bottle o’ Smoke!

Hey – thanks for the responses, guys. It’s nice to know I’ll be missed. Or if not missed, at least briefly acknowledged in a fleeting thought. Or if not acknowledged, at least…um, where was I going with this?

I’d normally take the time to craft a witty, creative, and personal response to each and every one of you, but it’s closing on 5:00pm and I’ve gotta bail.

Anyway, have a (in advance) Happy Groundhog Day, Happy Valentine’s Day, Happy Chinese New Year, Happy Presidents Day, and possibly Happy St. Patrick’s Day if I’m not back then.

See you all later!