CajunMan and TubaDiva

Let’s see here.

Thread closing. Check.

Complaining ensues. Check.

Thread reopened. Nice to see. Check.

TubaDiva closes complaint thread. Check.

Those who already hate her and all the rest of jackbooted TPTB thugs assume she’s being an asshole in closing the complaint thread, and rip her a new one. (Hiya, Silver Fire, haven’t you gotten tired of this drill yet?) Check.

Mods can’t win for losing. Check.

Same shit, different year. Check.
Meh. Whatever keeps y’all happy.

Darnit. I wasn’t even paying attention. What a sucky 3K post. Oh well. Thanks anyways.

Smart arse with a checklist?. Hmm, I wonder where we can find one of those.

Bingo.

The thread was closed with a severe and no-nonsense warning (“don’t do this again”). The thread was re-opened with a very judgmental attitude. God forbid the thread should’ve been re-opened with “our bad, we made a mistake” instead of the “we’ll condescend to let you talk about such things although we can’t imagaine why one would want to” vibe.

No, it’s actually a pretty fucking stupid question. The original thread was re-opened. That’s about as clear an indication that there was nothing wrong with it in the first place, and that pizzabrat hadn’t done anything wrong at all. But, I guess folks around here aren’t satisfied unless they get the full sack cloth and ashes routine.

I wanted to say just about what you said.

I’d hate to hear what type a comment TubaDiva would get, had she been a prick. It was difficult to even use the word prick with the name TubaDiva, because she’s not that type of person.

Except that I’ve never complained about a mod or an action of a mod on this board. Ever. I don’t hate TubaDiva or any of the mods. I started the first Pit thread because I was genuinely puzzled by its closure, and wanted to know why.

I started getting irritated when TubaDiva reopened the thread with a snide comment, which rapidly ratcheted up to pissed when she closed my Pit thread with a condescending crack, as well.

Kind of ironic because I couldn’t care less about the content of that thread, and it’s not the kind of thing I would normally participate in…but it’s the principle of the thing. A simple “sorry, our bad” would be a little more appropriate.

Whatever. I think you’d be hard pressed to make a case against me as one of the Usual Suspects, if that’s what you’re implying here. You’re paid up, you can search. Do it. Otherwise, eat a bag of shit.

Here’s a hint: the most recent of the 12 threads (that’s a total) in which I posted that included the keyword “mods” was last active in January of 2006. So… good luck with that.

None of which explains Cajun Man’s dickish and ham-fisted warning, now, does it?

Yeah, actually, it does.

So, tell me, then.

Is it wrong, then, to want to know the original reasoning about why pizzabrat’s original thread was closed? Can we ask, how do complaints and people being offended lead to a wrongful thread closure around here? Or want pizzabrat to get an apology for how he was treated? None of those questions is stupid-- they warrant discussion. A little transparency in how it happened is not too much to ask. It’s also not stupid to want to be spoken to in a civil tone by mods, or for them to acknowledge a bad decision.

Wanting a “sorry, our bad” is not a request for sackcloth and ashes. It’s not an either/or situation, where the offending mod either has to debase himself and grovel, or else it’s not right. A simple, civil acknowledgement of an error of judgment would be suffice. And I’m not one of the usual suspects who complains about the board admins and mods, either. This just seems to be a really egregious case of presumption and condescension, compounded several times through several threads. It would be nice if the error were acknowledged and politely addressed. No one would have anything else to legitimately bitch about it if it were handled just a little bit better.

I’m hoping you realized I was being sarcastic, and just wanted to clarify this for everyone else. If not, apologies; no projection intended.

Back to the topic at hand, I just don’t see it. I agree that CM’s comments can be taken as a heavy-handed smackdown, but does it deserve some type of punishment or public apology? I don’t think so, the problem was addressed and corrected. I’m sure he’ll think twice about closing a thread like that.

And complaining about TD? She did the right thing in reopening it, with or without internal consultation. She shut down the pit thread, because the Pit thread topic was about a closed thread. The thread is no longer closed. If you want to complain about the mods closing it that’s a different subject. Here we are, although this is less of a complaint and more of trying to seek clarification. Something which can be done with email which I’ve shared with you before Sapo. The mods are happy to respond very candidly.

Clarification is needed? Well, I’m not outraged, but I do hope that it will come as well soon. Because these threads tend to polarize TPTB, and members of the board. I don’t know what really lit this fire, but here’s hoping for it to be put out. Though, as it was noted earlier, there are many members here who will never be happy with any explanation, ever.

I’m with Miller. I’m a card-carrying fan of many of you (Sarafeena, I’m lookin’ at you), but IMO this is really making y’all look like a bunch of wankers.

She was damn snotty in both Sarahfeena’s thread closing and in reopening pizzabrat’s thread, IMO. If your mod screwed up and wrongfully closed a thread, just reopen it and refrain from the snide, judgmental commentary. And don’t take a swipe at people in the Pit (the proper place for such threads) who dare question your questionable judgment, just before you close the thread without answering any of the legitimate questions posed by paying members. It’s just uncalled for, much tackier and unnecessary than the thread that spawned it all.

I have a hard time getting into following these sort of internal interweb drama things but something about this whole situation is especially annoying. The above attitude is what I get the least. Why do yall have to be such bitches about other people wanting answers? At this point, Cajun Man is looking the best out of all the offenders. That Tubadiva attitude was ridiculous

Well, I respect the both of you enough to say that if that’s what it seems like to you then OK, I’ll let it drop. But I don’t think I’ve built up a reputation of being particularly pissy about things, so I hope that people do take that into consideration when evaluating whether or not I’ve overreacted here. The way I see it is this…up until now, I have had virtually no interaction with mods on this board in their roles of moderators, and the first time I address an issue specifically, in a relatively polite way, the response is snide comments. Seems to me that I was not the one who overreacted first.

The thread was re-opened. Whatever Cajun Man’s line of reasoning wasthat led to the closure, it was obviously incorrect. Otherwise, the thread would still be closed. So who the fuck cares?

Yeah, he was really terribly misused, wasn’t he? :rolleyes:

I respectfully disagree on all counts.

They did acknowledge a bad decision. They re-opened the thread, didn’t they?

As for the “civil tone,” eh. It’s the Pit. Get a thicker skin.

Having seen plenty of these threads, I rather doubt that it would. Were I a mod around here, I wouldn’t be much inclined to apology, either. It just gets them more grief.

This is why I come into the pit:

What the hell does “sack cloth and ashes routine” mean? Well I get its meaning but where does it come from, etc?

Remind me again which forum the closed thread was in?