caloric content of ejecdulation

I seem to remember that a skit in Woody Allen’s “What You Always Wanted to Know About Sex But Were Afraid to Ask” had Buck Henry conducting a class in sexuality. An earnest looking young lady asked that very question, and Henry, after pondering a moment, replied to the effect that it was about the same as a slice of rye bread. The comic effect of course was that it was done totally deadpan.

Welcome to the SDMB, svbev. A link to the column is appreciated. Providing one can be as simple as pasting the URL into your post, making sure to leave a blank space on either side of it. Like so: http://www.straightdope.com/classics/a1_054.html

I just want to say that Cecil Owned Lynne W. with his response. :slight_smile:

With regard to the person who challenged Cecil’s answer to the original question, that person, in their challenge, made a statement that was both telling about themselves and wrong in general: “We all know it doesn’t taste like egg whites”. Although this person obviously has experience in ingesting ejaculate, not everyone who reads this board does.
Don

Reminds me of a story I heard. Or maybe more of an UL.

In biology class, the teacher is lecturing about calories and such, and adds an offhand remark about semen being mostly glucose. One of the female students raises her hand, and when called, asks the question, “Then why doesn’t it taste sweet?” Then she promptly realizes what she said, what that implies, and turns beet red, and proceeds to leave the classroom in a hurry, while the teacher stands at the front of the classroom with a smirk on his face.

The latter actually. Here’s a link for you.