Can I share my new kitty?

The correct phrasing is "Mi kitteh, let me show you it. :smiley:

My marmalade kitty, Yogi, does have opposable thumbs. I have been in trouble for years.

I like Sidney! I’ll run it by sis and see what she thinks… she was the one who actually suggested Tamarind. :confused: Who knows what she’ll think of Sidney.

Eddie and Wally were soooooooooooooooooo cuuuuuuuuuuute as kittens! And cuter as grown cats and snuggling. Is it wrong that I already want a second one? We haven’t even taken the first home yet! Oh well, Laura will be resistant to it anyway because at the shelter, she thinks cats should ideally have their territory all to themselves, given their independent nature and all.

She uploaded more pictures for me after some harassment.

http://picasaweb.google.ca/mapleleafcanuck/Random?authkey=59Febr5AHiI#5250000557718420514

http://picasaweb.google.ca/mapleleafcanuck/Random?authkey=59Febr5AHiI#5250000559808173778

What a sweetie! Cyrus looks like a good name for him (or Sydney). How about Citrus (a combination of the two, and appropriate for an orange kitteh :slight_smile: ).

If you do get two cats, I’d suggest doing it right away. Adult cats tend to not take to new cats coming into the home (my two will never get past armed truce).

He is GORGEOUS! I love the pattern on his back, very unique. I just can’t understand why anyone would give up such a handsome fellow to the animal shelter. Thank goodness he found a new home with you.

Please report back tomorrow after you get him home!

They are litter mates, which is one reason they snuggle like lil peas in a pod.

We meant to take one home after Sammie cat died. My husband picked up one, I picked up the other and they cried for each other. I mean cried and cried. We put them down on the table, they found each other and were reassured. Obviously we couldn’t separate them.

Your boy has pretty markings, really pretty. And his face reminds me a lot of Wally the Amazing Cat. How amazing is Wally? This week he learned how to flush the toilet.

So yeah more pictures of kitties! Moar! Oops sorry LOLcat crept out.

My cat Joey recently had to go to the hospital for a few days and when he came home my other kitty Oliver ran up to him and started covering his little face with kisses for about 10 minutes! It was the cutest thing I have ever seen! They obviously missed one another very much while Joey was gone.

I would post pictures, but if you’ve seen Contrary’s cats you’ve seen mine. :smiley:

Can I jump in with mine? We found a feral kitten in the blackberry bush in June. We took him in and called him Thorne. He’s bigger than this now, but still very cute.

It may take me a second try to get an active link. Here are my pictures:
Imgur

Hi! An update:

We’ve had Mikey for a week and he’s settled in nicely. The first time we let him out of the cardboard box the shelter gave us to carry him home in, he dashed under the coffee table. My sister told me to leave him there until he was ready to come out even though I wanted to scoop him up and give him cuddles right away. Eventually, he wandered out about an hour later and explored our apartment. He used the litter box with no problem, and pretty much started circling our legs begging for food (according to Laura). I just thought he was being friendly! We set up a cat post with a bed for him and put the towel he came with on the bed, so he’d have something soft and familiar to sleep with, but after the first night, he decided to just curl up with my sister. He’s settled quite nicely. Everyday after work, he recognizes our jiggling of the keys and greets us at the door! This happens when I come home and then again when Laura comes home. The first thing I do when I get back is to pick him up, flip him over and hold him like a baby, and then tickle his belly. He loves it! Mikey is definitely making this apartment more lively and entertaining. Even my sister and I have more to say to each other because conversations are full of what cute and funny thing Mikey did that day that the other missed out on.

Kitties encourage sibling love! Yay for dah kitteh.

Awwww, that’s wonderful!

Yay for you and Mikey! You done good! :slight_smile: