Can you please turn off the goddam tapatalk crap?!?

Now I’m sad. I want an Underground Supercooled BunkerTM

Blame Apple. They’re the ones who started all this with the “sent from my iPhone” crap.

Sent from my desktop Intel[sup]TM[/sup] Core[sup]TM[/sup] i7-3770 @3.40 GHz running Firefox on Windows 7 while sitting in a desk chair wearing a fluffy but vaguely fashionable dressing gown and drinking a Caesar with probably too much vodka, but in these difficult and challenging times who cares?

Tapatalk should mean conversation over a meal of tapas.

ETA: Or maybe conversation about tapas.

I always imagine it to mean a conversation conducted in Morse code using 19th century telegraph equipment.

Sometimes I doubt your commitment to sparkle motion

Thank you to the OP for letting me know I can turn this off. But since it annoys you so much, I won’t just to be a dick!

I kinda figured that it could be useful to know that they’re posting from a mobile all if there’s any formatting errors/weird typos (especially since the ongoing server issues often make the editing window close before you can submit corrections).

I believe you’re thinking of The Last Question.

I don’t have an iPhone and have never used tapatalk. But I think I’m adding that with every post now.

Sent from my iPhone with tapatalk

Is there some reason to use tapatalk?

Sent from my chimney with smoke signals.

I completely agree. Too many times I have linked to the SDMB only to have people respond “Ugh, it’s asking me to download an app”, whereupon I have to remind them they can select ‘no’. But by then the interest in whatever we were discussing has waned and it’s doubtful they read the linked to topic, much less browsed the Board.

In short, the Tapatalk query inhibits Board exposure and growth by giving people the expectation an app is needed to enjoy the SDMB.

Amen!

I’ve been so annoyed by the tipitytapitytalk sig line that when I was confronted with "Hey, Potential Customer, would YOU like to download Tipitytapitytalk Pro 12.4.02?"… I ignored it. And kept using my browser.

So their “marketing” had the opposite effect of making me actively dislike them and not use their app.

I’m with** DSeid**:

Can someone explain what Tapatalk is and why one would need it? Does SD get some sort of kickback for users or something?

My iPhone & iPad auto log me in and I’ve never had any issues viewing and responding from them.

What value does it add? Does it suggest automatic snark replies or something?:smiley:

I thought tapatalk was Spanish appetizers.

Sent from my iPhone with tapatalk

Whenever I see the “sent from” message, I always think of an animated bird with a nasal problem who just walks around going, “A-tapatapatapa-talk, tapatapatapa-talk” all day long. :smiley:

“The premise is simple, connect to the forums you’re a member of by searching for them. You can then log in to your account and it’ll bring over all the threads your subscribed to and even your private messages”.
More info

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.imore.com/tapatalk-iphone-app-review%3Famp

:trophy:

You’re a poet @BippityBoppityBoo

I agree. I need a trophy

What? That’s crazy talk.

After I waste, ummm, spend hours a day here, how would I ever have time for “several forums”?