Can't install iTunes on Windows 7

I just bought a new Lenovo computer and I am unable to install itunes on it. Can anybody help me?

Need more info, but my guess is you need to install the 64bit version or conversely the 32bit.
edit: right click on “my computer” go to “properties” and you can see what version you have

Are you getting an error? The best first thing to do would be to paste the error here or else you won’t get a lot of assistance here.

If not, what happens when you attempt to install?

I have a 64 bit operating system and I have installed the iTunes 10.3.1. After I install it and try to open it, it says, “The file ‘iTunes Library.it.’ cannot be read because it was created by a newer version of iTunes.” I don’t know if it makes a difference, but I keep my music on a external hard drive.

With iTunes not running, find the iTunes folder on the external drive and delete the ‘iTunes Library.itl’ file. It will be recreated when you restart iTunes.

You may also need to take ownership of the drive with your new user account.

Is this a typo? The latest version of iTunes is 10.4.1. Did you use an old saved download or download it new from the iTunes site?