"Can't touch this".

(+ “U” sometimes).
Without looking it up, what do you think Hammer meant by this lyric?
Peace,
mangeorge

Well, I did know that he did “break it down”.

Um, the song is about his mad skillz.

Mad…just…angry skillz.

I told you, homeboy…you can’t touch this.

Probably exactly what it sounds like- Hammer is so great, you can’t touch him (in terms of style, not literally).

You obviously can’t touch this.

poke

Stop touching that. It’ll get infected.

Stop! Hammertime!

Yeah, dance and music skils.
Some (guys) think it’s sexual. Overtly sexual.

Hammer’s lyrics basically rhyme, and say:
[ul]
[li]He’s a good emcee.[/li][li]He’s a good rapper.[/li][li]God is great.[/li][li]Other people who want to say they’re better dancers, or rappers, or gods are wrong.[/li][/ul]

There is a brilliant commercial on now with some nerdy White guy as a dad, who transforms into Hammer in the video. Brilliant!

You people have it all wrong.

He’s obviously referring to his “you know what” when he says you can’t touch this.

Imagine, telling millions of woman the world over, you can’t come near this.

Based on the fact that you told them they can’t have this, they’ll be beating down your door to get at this.

It’s called game, fellas.

I think someone needs to post rap songs like they did in the beginning. Then, we’re supposed to say what they’re about without looking at the lyrics. Sometimes it’d be painfully obvious, others wouldn’t.

Then we can all make fun of it after someone gets it right!

I think someone needs to post rap songs like they did in the beginning. Then, we’re supposed to say what they’re about without looking at the lyrics. Sometimes it’d be painfully obvious, others wouldn’t.

Then we can all make fun of it after someone gets it right!

Are you kidding? I’m still trying to figure out why “there’s a bustle in your hedgerow.”

Don’t be alarmed now.

Have you guys seen this Hallmark commercial? Awesome.

This explains why just letting it hang out with a sign around my neck that says, “You CAN touch this” in big, block letters hasn’t been working. Huh.

Break it down…

He had just joined Masturbators Anonymous and filled with all that new-convert zeal, wrote them a brand theme song – replacing the old one, “Sometimes When I’m Alone (I Make Myself Bake a Cake).”

Did you just answer your own OP?

I believe Mr. Hammer is making reference to his advanced skill in various dance moves, and is further asserting that said skills will not only pay the bills, but are so far in advance of the skills possessed by his contemporaries that any further comment or discussion on the subject would be irrelevant at best.

FWIW, Peter Griffin’s version is just as good. :smiley:

Compared to the SDMB, my sample is very small.
So, no I didn’t.