Capture the Flag: 2158 *or* Short Legged Trousers

Heavy Airlifts! What about back when they allowed orbital bombardment contracting? I still think Iceland should return the medals from the '42 Olympics. Piddling infantry corps, no artillery or cav, all they did was put Gates2112 on their roster and let him turn Brazil into the glassy crater it is today. I mean, I know Microsoft is a CorpState, and theoretically accountable to it’s shareholders and it’s shareholders only, but I agreed with the commision 100% when it banned Gates2112 and all subsequent clones from the sport for life(s). Took a lot of guts. It was really too bad when Gates2112 used the commisioner’s family to showcase his new Directed Virus ™ Technology.

Whose idea was it to give corporations sovereignty anyway?

On the subject of shorts, I just get Khakis. Ducks head always works well and they match pretty much any short sleeve shirt I care to wear.

hey! A Guest! I’d say that means points to Rue for this week’s OP! Woowoo!

and Kalley, I CAN’T skip straight to autumn (or fall as some of our compatriots insist on calling it) cos… well… we only have two goddamn seasons. Wet and not-so-wet. Oh and Wednesday, which isn’t really a season, but it feels like one. But they’re all hot and chocolate will melt in your car, on the sofa and on the Young Master’s chubby cheeks!

Swampy, I’d post ripped-short photos in an instant, but I need to know, is waxing essential for attaining burly-legness? (sorry Kalley, I’m not Brawny) Or are hairy, manly-man legs ok? (just doin’ my bit for the community y’see, I’m not like, an exhibitionist or nuttin’). And I gotta say i’m mighty honoured to be imaginated so, but where’s the rest of the gang asking for such? Kalley? Lissla? FCM? Ex? Ok, maybe not Ex… but folks!!! I gots thighs here that need ‘ppreciatin’! ‘PPRECIATIN’, I tells ya!

…and now for the WMP (oooh, that’ll get the spooks all in an uproar, hunh?) I got WET last night. I was a-walking home from the station when the sky just opened up! Water, water everywhere! I got very wet! AND I had an um-brella. But it just came down and down and down and… blah! I had to take a medicinal hot chocolate when I got home just to calm my nerves! NERVES, I say!

Now I’ve had to wear cowboy boots to work today cos the shiny, black, 12-hole Docs are still exuding moisture and very icky. That’s not about shorts, nor is it about 45cmTHINGAMABOBS (I’m got the metric system, I dunno what the hell 18" is!). I feel like John Wayne!

I was just in an adult novelty shop last week (haven’t been there since the last bachelorette party), but we won’t go into details about that now. Had the thread regarding the 18"DHIBJD been created then, I’d have had to take a gander at it. But I believe it would be a bit too much goin’ on all at once.

I have to sorta agree with dwyr, rue…not that the OP was bad, I just didn’t have anything to contribute to it seein’ as how I didn’t have a clue about all that CTF mumbo-jumbo. Now the shorts thing I can relate to. I like the way you gave us an option of discussion topics–very rue of you.

I like salt water taffy a lot…it is tough on the dental work. But you can hold it in your mouth and roll it around as it melts into yummy goodness.
And straight out of Webster’s Dictionary:

brawny - adj. 1: muscular, strong 2: being swollen and hard (I’m not kidding here!)

burley - adj. 1: strongly and heavily built: HUSKY

so their definitions are much the same ('cept for that one part)

Oh, I heap a veritable bounty of fairest-scented apologies upon thy brow Rue. For 'twas a finely crafted OP indeed.

It’s just that I don’t do sports, being a somewhat sentient potato (russet I think, definitely more flaky than waxy) and I don’t wear shorts to spare the local peoples from forced eye-gouging. So I couldn’t see an opening anywhere.

Maybe next week you could work in something about old-timey music say? No kittens involved.

I wish to apologize for my totally gratuitous mention of the 18"DHIBJD :eek: :eek: . It was not my intention to highjack the thread. Normally, I would have something worthwhile to contribute to the weekly discussion, but this week I got nuthin’.

And scout1222

A condom, honey. It’s a condom that you buy before a swell date.

Earthpup the REAL difference between burly and brawny is that Swampy likes one, and Kalley is willing to fight for the other.

It’s simple really, why can’t Webster’s make that distinction?

laina, darlin’, if I may be so bold, it’s not the hijack I worried about–this thread is dedicated to hijacking. Why, my next post could be about polar bears and no one would bat an eye. If it interested them, they post along that vein (vain?, vane?), if not, well, back to the infantry or on to something completely different. I was just protecting our turf, so to speak–as Rue suggests, this keeps us from disrupting other threads with our quick wits.

swampy’s probably asleep, so let me explain. Burly is more teddy-bearish, a tad hairy, not out-of-shape, but definitely roundish. Brawny, although not devoid of body hair, is more smooth, a tad more defined–great arms and shoulders, but (for me) no need for six-pack abs–I guess I like the guy that used to be into weight training, but now he’s more relaxed, love handles are okay with me. And frankly, “swollen and hard” is also a-okay by me! Hubba hubba!! :smiley:
I think vein is right.

laina_f, darlin’, if I may be so bold, it’s not the hijack I worried about–this thread is dedicated to hijacking. Why, my next post could be about polar bears and no one would bat an eye. If it interested them, they post along that vein (vain?, vane?), if not, well, back to the infantry or on to something completely different. I was just protecting our turf, so to speak–as Rue suggests, this keeps us from disrupting other threads with our quick wits.

swampy’s probably asleep, so let me explain. Burly is more teddy-bearish, a tad hairy, not out-of-shape, but definitely roundish. Brawny, although not devoid of body hair, is more smooth, a tad more defined–great arms and shoulders, but (for me) no need for six-pack abs–I guess I like the guy that used to be into weight training, but now he’s more relaxed, love handles are okay with me. And frankly, “swollen and hard” is also a-okay by me! Hubba hubba!! :smiley:
I think vein is right.

It’s not supposed to let me do that.

… but it did!

did I ever tell y’all about the time a Polar Bear fell into my pit at the zoo?
I chased 'im around the cage for an hour and when he tired out, I ripped his BLOODY arm off!

GRRRRRRRRR!

…sorry, I know I’m s’posed to be the loveable and [sup]bouncy[/sup] madman, but now that we’re onto Polar bears* I can’t help but feel a little boofy.
Picture me all white, fuzzy, huggable and deadly!
Wearing ripped shorts and cowboy boots…

*whaddayew mean we’re not talking polar bears? Kalley just stated talking about them and now they’re everywhere!

Just where are the polar sheep? And how can you shear them with mittens on? (On you, not the sheep. Sheep don’t wear mittens. They wear Doc martins)

I’m sorry, I think I broke Kalley

(psst, Kalley, WHAT sheep? What are you talking about, and where is my Coke can? Don’t make me get Welby in here to translate!)

But I like kittens. Kittens are cute. How about dogs? Dogs are always good.

*Have you ever had Almond Smash soda? I think it might be a local thing. No one outside of Baltmore has ever heard of it. It’s bright red, and very sweet. Sort of an almondy-raspberry flavor.
Or you could be a grown-up and drink raspberry beer or hard cider. They’re not as sickly-sweet as soda. I looooove those hard ciders that have a touch of fruit flavor. Mmmm, tasty! Too bad it’s only 7:30 in the morning.

[qoute=dangergene]Picture me all white, fuzzy, huggable and deadly!
Wearing ripped shorts and cowboy boots…
[/quote]

GRRRRRRRRRRRRR… WOOF!

Burly in my book means husky, hairy, stocky build, hairy… did I mention hairy? So, dangergene hairy thighs and legs are a definite must.

See, lack of lots of body hair is more brawny to me than burly. Plus, I consider those body builder types to be of the brawny as opposed to burly variety.

I would refer you all to a couple sites I happen to know of that show burly but that kinda site is frowned upon when it comes to linking round here, so I won’t. I’m good that way. Yep. Follow the rules. That’s me. But y’all are bright, so I’m sure anybody that wanted to could figure out how to find such things on this here internet.

-swampbear (wondering if dangergene’s gonna post a ripped shorts photo)

When your boots dry out dangergene, you should polish them. With Kiwi polish of course. Get a good load of polish in the leather and they won’t get all soggy in the rain anymore. The water will just bead up and roll off. And who wouldn’t want their Docs to be all polishy and shiny? Yeah, that’s what I thought.

At the store where I saw the salt water taffy, I almost picked up a six pack of Woodchuck’s raspberry cider BiblioCat. I like that very much, but as you know, it’s not a “morning drink”. Well, it could be… No, no it’s not.

I also saw a bottle of mead, but I didn’t get that either. It had a viking on it, so you know it was good. The last time I did the Big Shopping I got bacon with a viking on it. When you think “bacon”, you think “viking”. I know I do. More foods should be touted by vikings. I think that’s going to be the Wave of the Future.

And dogs aren’t always good. Sometimes they are bad. Like when they puke on your sneakers. That’s pretty much the definition of “bad”. Especially when you’re not wearing them at the time (which you’d think would be better, actually) and the vomitus (Hmmm… you’d think using the big word would make it better. It doesn’t.) goes down into your shoe. Dogs can be almost as bad as kids. Only you don’t have to send them to college. So they have that going for them.

Oh, I love Woochuck Cider. The Granny Smith Apple is good, but it’s a bit sweet. The raspberry is hard to find here, so when I see it, I buy several 4-packs. My favorite is the Dark and Dry, though. And no, it’s not quite a breakfast drink. I guess you could pour it on your Cheerios, but that might make them soggy.

I’ve never had mead. But Vikings are cool. I bet the Viking Bacon was good. Why isn’t there any Viking cereal? How about Viking beer?

And you’re right, dogs can be bad. Puking dogs are always bad. My dog kept eating cicadas, and then barfing them back up. Cleaning up dog barf with cicada wings in it is not fun. It’s just gross.
But my dog can be funny sometimes. She plays with a tennis ball by herself. She chews on it like a piece of gum. She’ll sit there and just chew on it.
When we play fetch with a tennis ball, when she brings it back to me, she comes around my left side, goes behind me, comes around in front of me and drops the ball. Why does she do all that? Why not just come right up to me and drop it?
She likes ice in her water bowl, too. She’ll stick her whole head in the water and try to get it out, and before I know it, the whole floor is wet. We call it “Bobbing for Ice Cubes.” She’s a funny dog.

This reminds me of a joke:
What did the agnostic dyslexic do when he had insomnia?
Stayed up all night wondering whether or not there was a Dog.

Okay, I’ll stop now.

There is so much here I want to respond to, but today is moving day. I’m getting a new office. It’s much the same as the old office, but it’s elsewhere. See, I got transferred, so I no longer work for the crotchety old lady I don’t like, and I now work for the crotchety old lady I do like. So I need a new office. My computer is going to be disconnected for a while, but that’s okay because I should be working anyway.

Briefly: no, Rue, I didn’t get the special dedicated grapefruit consumption tools, because I sort of forgot about them. I’m so ashamed.

[QUOTE=swampbear]
Burly in my book means husky, hairy, stocky build, hairy… did I mention hairy? So, dangergene hairy thighs and legs are a definite must.
See, lack of lots of body hair is more brawny to me than burly. Plus, I consider those body builder types to be of the brawny as opposed to burly variety.

[QUOTE]

Then in you’re book, I’m a hottie! I’m husky, and I’m hairier than your average human. I’ve even got a beard! I’m all sorts of burly. And I’m a tease.

:smiley:

[QUOTE=welby]

[QUOTE=swampbear]

So, welby, how YOU doin’? :stuck_out_tongue: