Cats are weird. No, really they are. You hadn't noticed?

I just finished a late-night snack of shumai dumplings and put the plate down for the cats to lick. Also the little dish of soy sauce.

They cleaned it all up. Including the soy sauce.

Well, Freddy is the one I actually saw scouring the soy sauce dish. Not Sophie, who’s mad for avocado. Come to think of it, so is Freddy. And Sally. They’re always happy to give the guacamole dish a good pre-washing when I’m done with it.

Freddy is exuberantly oddball, even for a cat. Squash finds Sally’s antics fascinating, even when she’s trying to rip his throat out. When he’s had enough he finds some new and bizarre way to nap with his brother Pumpkin.

Cats are weird.

Admit it: your dog made you post this libel.

I would if I had a dog.

It’s true, Eddy is larger than your average Jack Russell, though considerably less energetic. But he denies all involvement.

Damn! How many pounds is that monster cat?

Last time he was weighed at the vet’s he was in the mid or upper teens, poundwise. I keep him lean, but still he’s not mean. Rather a mellow fellow, in fact.

You gots you some cute fuzzers there!

Yes, cats are weird. But endlessly entertaining!

Cute babies! Your Sally reminds me quite a lot of our former cat Morgan Le Fey.

My fatboy is quite mellow, too. He keeps trying to convice me he’s just long and tall, but I know a 3-acre belly when I see one.

I love starting off the morning with cat pics! :slight_smile:

Heh. My mama cat just did a bit of weirdness, herself. She was standing in the kitchen, looking in my bedroom door when one of her kittens started toddling out of the bedroom towards mama. Mama immediately tears off at full speed towards the kitten, then promptly leaps over his head by about 2 feet and runs around the bed into the closet, before coming out and walking around as if she’d done nothing unusual.

Holy crap. Either that’s a twin bed or the animal is part ocelot.

That is in fact a double bed. Eddy is merely waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out on the far end of the bell curve for cat size.

Eddy just barely beats out his brother Freddy for largest cat of the household. Compare that picture with this one of Pumpkin and Squash, who are “normal” size. Teddy is on the large side but not nearly as big as his two brothers. As you can see here,, he’s only a bit bigger than the Veggie Boys.

Here’s Eddy again on the bed, playing with Pumpkin when he was a kitten.

In a rather mis-guided moment, I was snarfing down a packed of the pre-sliced corned beed when my youngest feline (He Wdecided he is dying and must have the meat to keep from having to consume my leg, or one of my children. He climbed up my leg, chest and arm, deperate for the tender beef flesh.

I dropped the hunk of beef, desperate to get Tobie’s claws out of my leg, chest and arm. He chased it down and gobbled it up. Licked his paws, his face, the ground where it landed, and then tried to eat my fingers that were once holding the corned beef.

So I got some more, and dropped him another slice.

He stared at it.

He continued to stare at it…

And finally, looked at me, silently informing me that this crap wasn’t fit for man nor cat.

He then stalked away, leaving me with a slice of corned beef, covered in dirt and cat hair.
Eli

In a rather mis-guided moment, I was snarfing down a packed of the pre-sliced corned beed when my youngest feline (He Wdecided he is dying and must have the meat to keep from having to consume my leg, or one of my children. He climbed up my leg, chest and arm, deperate for the tender beef flesh.

I dropped the hunk of beef, desperate to get Tobie’s claws out of my leg, chest and arm. He chased it down and gobbled it up. Licked his paws, his face, the ground where it landed, and then tried to eat my fingers that were once holding the corned beef.

So I got some more, and dropped him another slice.

He stared at it.

He continued to stare at it…

And finally, looked at me, silently informing me that this crap wasn’t fit for man nor cat.

He then stalked away, leaving me with a slice of corned beef, covered in dirt and cat hair.
Eli

Gotta love the double-post now made complete with errors!

Sorry!

Eli

I once gave Lt. Dax (sorry, no pic, she hid the other day when I was taking pictures) a boiled shrimp. She carried it around with her for about 2 hours, defending it from all of the other cats, but would not eat it. I finally took it and threw it away to keep her from stashing it under the couch or something.

She is a beautiful cat, but I think she was dropped on her head before I got her. And I got her when she was about 2 days old!

How many do you have all together, ETF? I’ve got six, plus a dog. And they’re all very strange.

I have eight now:

Eddy, the big mellow guy.

Teddy, who adores belly rubs.

Freddy, who talks a lot.

Sophie, my only longhair.

Sylvia, her shorthaired sister.

Pumpkin, a sweet, sweet guy.

Squash, his brother who fetches.

And finally, Sally Forth, a tiny kitten who has grown into a tiny cat with eyes big enough for one of the Orange Boys.

Wow! I can’t get over how big Eddy is. Have you ever measured him to see how long he is? And I thought my two boys were big. He reminds me of that huge cat in the picture with the lady holding him. You know, the one that everyone has had in their e-mail inboxes or seen on snopes or Ellen DeGeneres?

Yeh, I know the picture you mean. Eddy would probably look about that big if I ever got a picture of me holding him.

I did measure him once, standing, from his withers (shoulder blades) to his tailhead, so just his body length, and if I remember correctly, he was 16 inches long. Of course he can stretch himself out several inches farther when he feels like it.

He and Freddy can stand on their hind legs, hook their front paws over the edge of the dining room table, and get a good look at what’s for (my) dinner.

Aaaaw, how cute!

Little cats with big eyes-gotta love 'em. Our Maggie is like that. I like that she’s so tiny, because it’s like having a perpetual kitten.

My God, I think I want to marry you.

Or possibly Sophie.