CBS's Fall Schedule

This is what they used to do, similar to “Survivor” – one Race would start in the fall (August or September) and end during November sweeps, and then a second Race would start in the spring (February or March) and end during May sweeps. However, they’ve been doing some wonky scheduling the last few seasons. After they ran two Races kind of back-to-back, I’d imagine they need some time to regroup and come back even more awesome than ever before. Plus, Phil is in high demand, from what I hear, and he has commitments that need to be scheduled around.

Personally? I think this is the one single show on television that is worth waiting for.

blink blink

Eh. I liked Jericho. watched all the episodes, participated in the threads. And it got better towards the end. But with Johnston’s death, they lost Gerald McRainey, the only charismatic actor in the crew aside from Lennie James, who played Hawkins. I wouldn’t have held out hopes of a second season being of the same quality as the latter first-season episodes. Maybe the producers will do like the producers of Alien Nation did when that series was canceled, and produce a TV movie or two to tie up the loose ends.

I’m not sorry to see Jericho or The Class go, but very relieved to see HIMYM will be back - Ted & Barney’s broing about town next season promises to be legen-, wait for it, -dary.

Except for The IT Crowd (here’s hoping it’s like the US The Office and not like the US Coupling), there isn’t a single new show that’s come remotely close to catching my attention yet, and CBS’s offerings sound particularly meh. Hopefully the previews will be better than the blurb.

Look up, Max. I like Shark. I do not like Jericho. IMO, Jericho was uninspired, and it was impossible to suspend disbelief enough for me to watch it without snarking. Shark is full of nasty people just like the real world; I can completely imagine a prosecutor doing the things that Shark does.

Poor Skeet Ulrich–he was supposed to be the second coming of Johhny Depp and instead ends up being on a poorly written tv show. Too bad for him.

I don’t care for Gerald McRaney and mr.stretch could not separate him from his role as Hearst in Deadwood. Therefore, mr.stretch was always hoping for his death and that was probably the only thing that made him happy in the last show. I kinda feel for McRaney–every future part he has mr.stretch will be routing for his character’s death.

I wonder if Lennie James will show up on 24 next season.

I was reading tvwatch.com or something similar yesterday about them killing off McRainy. It was supposed to take the show in a new direction, along the lines of rebuilding America. He originally had a 5 season contract from what the website said. The plot with Hawkins was becoming more interesting, with the guy who directed homeland security having set off the nukes and now being in control of the country. After finally taking that story to something more interesting than him hiding, the show gets cancelled. damn

After the season finale cliffhanger I should damn well hope so!

I quit watching after two episodes. How did they kill him off?

Whew. Maybe the mystery will have time to be revealed. I was just feeling sad about The Nine and Reunion and every other show that was showing a little bit each week, leading up to the finale that never came. I still wonder who killed that girl and what really happened in the bank.

I thought I was alone here… :slight_smile:

He was shot/hit by a ricochet whilst walking beside the tank that was taking out an advance force of people (from New Brun–formerly football rivals now desparate people who will do anything to get what they want) that were invading Jericho. Why was he walking beside the tank? Only the writers know. I think that was a stupid way to kill him, though his death was expected by me and encouraged by mr.stretch.

Wait, you quit watching after two shows–you probably don’t know that Jericho has a tank! And that New Brun was producing mortars to use in the takeover of Jericho. And then the US Army is getting involved…

I’m really pissed about Jericho getting cancelled, more so than any other show. I thought that since the show didn’t cancelled right away, it stood a shot of surviving, and I think the quality increased by about 250% after the 3 month hiatus.

I’d feel a bit better if there was some way for the writers to tie up the loose ends, and explain to us where the show WOULD have gone from here.

I knew I’d seen that premise before, but couldn’t put a name to it. I could not get through Viva Blackpool. I don’t know what it was about it but I just could not force myself to watch it. Still, since I’ve by and large abandoned The Simpsons, I’ll give this a shot.

So “Angel” is getting a sixth season, huh? Only they’re calling it “Moonlight” now. Man, that’s gonna suck (no pun intended).

Only it wasn’t really the US Army, because they had that goofy flag with vertical stripes.
WTF was that? I’ll never know, dammit.