Celeb attractions you can't explain

Ever find a celebrity attractive, but don’t know why?
For some strange reason, I find Anna Paquin attractive. She doesn’t fit any category I usually like. She has some sort of sultry aspect I can’t explain.

Anybody else?

Jeneane (sp?) Garofalo.

Almost every other guy I know thinks she’s “not hot;” there’s something about her, though. Maybe it’s her humor.

She’s about the only one I can think of off the top of my head.

Mmmmm … Garofalo. :slight_smile:

-Dirty

Steven Tyler.

I have no idea why, but DAMN I find that man sexy.

Mary Lynn Rajskub!

Never heard of her, YOU’RE NOT ALONE. I first saw her on The Larry Sanders Show, (she took over for her good friend Janeane Garofalo in the past 2 or so seasons). I JUST started watching the show the year it ended, then it appeard on a Canadian station each weekday in a block of 4 episodes in the summer of 1998, uncencord, starting with the last two seasons.

The thing I liked about this woman was that she fit exactly what I found adorable in some gals. She sort of resembled a LOVE of mine whom I had no contact with that summer. It was sort of a type of theropy for me. That time of my life (of course not JUST because of the show), ended up to be the best. I was NEVER happier, and my heartache was greatly diminished due to, of all things, a tellivision show.

I looked for more info on her via the internet. I just wanted to know more about the little know actress. I ended up E-Mailing one of her good friends whom I still talk to this day. I also talk to her friend’s sister who’s also friends with Rajskub, and is married to David Anthony Higgins (Malcolm in the Middle; Ellen).

Though I NEVER asked for anything, they’ve sent me stuff in the mail like a signed head shot of Rajskub, and stupid little doodles she drew, (after talking for a LONG while they just asked for my adress, and me being a fan gave it out). They recently sent me a DVD Higgins was in along with Dave Fowey called “The Wrong Guy”. I also talked to Rajskub once wich was cool, but again… I never asked for it because I’m really not the type to expect anything out of anyone who happens to be an entertainer. I know it seems like I was VERY much into this actress (I am), but I swear, I was just a good fan who didn’t intend on all of this (not that I don’t like the little perks). It’s been a good four years of talking to her friends, and they know I’m not one to put a poster of ANYONE up in my room, or do anything upsessive like that. Hell, now I don’t care much for talking about Rajskub to them, I rarely even bring her up.

Rajskub’s kickass though. It’s a cool story to tell others. People should check her out, she’s pretty cool, (aside from being in ‘Dude Where’s My Car’). :rolleyes:

Here’s her IMDB link: http://us.imdb.com/Name?Rajskub,+Mary+Lynn

And her Fan Page (NOT run by me), is: http://www.geocities.com/jinky0u812/gallery.html
(there is one photo that IS NOT her in that gallery… that’s this one: http://www.geocities.com/jinky0u812/00000009a9x36g_c.jpg
(that’s Karen Kilgariff, who’s also cool)

Give her the buisness!

Oh, and that gal I didn’t see or talk to that whole summer and I have been best friends for a while now.:wink:

Walter Matthou. Need I say more? For some odd reason, I’ve always been hot for him. I think I need therapy.

No, you’re no obsessed!

Just kidding. That is a good story. Can you get me Janeane Garofalo’s phone number?

I was going to say Garofalo, but Dirty Earthworm said her first.

sigh:slight_smile:

From CNN, Bill Hemmer.

I don’t understand it myself, I usually like the 1980s, hair band, leather jacket, pierce ears type of thing, this one’s got me.

David Lee Roth; young, skanky version. He’s repulsive. I have no idea why I find him attractive.
Janeane Garofalo is funny, smart, and very pretty. Where’s the mystery?

Thora Birch, especially her look in Ghost World.

Benicio Del Toro
Dave Matthews

All my friends gag when I mention those two.

Drew Carey.

I am not kidding.

I didn’t see her in Ghost World, but yeah, she’s a hottie, too.

I know I’m not alone on this one, but I also think Tina Fey from Saturday night Live is very attractive.

-Dirty

Vincent D’Onofrio.

I know, I know: he overacts, he’s not particularly good-looking, he resembles a bear… Nevertheless, I find him magnetic.

I used to have this thing for Ralph Reed, the former spokesperson for the Christian Coalition.

I know, I know, there are so many reason to be ashamed of this lust. But he was just so smoooooooooth.

My co-worker has a thing for the guy who plays “Mr. Bean.” At least I don’t have to confess to that one.

My wife finds Richare Gere attractive, and I can’t imagine why.

Or maybe that’s just me being cranky after being dragged out to Yet Another Gere Movie, while Sipder-Man keeps singing out to me… :wink:

I think she’s very pretty, and naturally. I think she’s smart but I think she’s also… angry. I mean, not “angry” but does she have to hate EVERYTHING!? That includes herself. I heard she has the reputation of bighting the hands that feed her, so to speak. She often mocks her own past work. The “Cats and Dogs” movie was obviously flawed because it depicted her as being ugly, most men I know would take her over Uma ANY DAY!

And their are some things, or some people or types of people she would mock in her stand up, that I don’t think deserve to be mocked in such a way. Not like I could never make fun of these things, just the way she goes about it makes it seems like her: “I’m so ugly… I don’t give myself any credit” crap is all an act, when REALLY she thinks she’s the shit. My friend who LOVES her went to a few of her stand up gigs, many of which she said the croud didn’t laugh all that much.

But there are many redeeming qualities. Even if she complains too much, that just makes her all the more “real”. I think her talent is apparent, it just might be difficult to express what’s stirring around in her brilliant mind.

I have a bizarre attraction to Christoper Walken. He is sort of hideous, in a frog-like, “Shadow Over Innsmouth” way, but there’s something about him I can’t resist. Perhaps it’s his voice, or his pervasive aura of menace. I can’t be sure. Either way, I have learned not to mention this too often. :wink:

Glenn Miller. I don’t know why, but there’s just something about the guy…(of course, he shuffled off the mortal coil long before I was born, but still…)

I second Drew Carey. I went to a taping of his show last October, and I don’t care what anybody says, he is hot.

I also have a thing for Christopher Walken, though he scares me, and Steve Buscemi.

Martha Stewart

You wouldn’t believe the horrified reaction this gets from some people.