Cheerios airs commercial with multiracial family. I'm sure you can guess what happens next.

Not for some people

What about the Fruity Pebbles people?

I’ve seen that ad. It’s adorable (mostly because that little girl is adorable.) It didn’t even register with me that the couple was mixed race. It’s a family. Some people are idiots.

I’ve heard that adressed to black Hispanics more than once. The questioner would usually proceed to inform these guys that they couldn’t be Hispanic since they were black.

You know, we could retire the National Debt if we put a $.01/per tax on comments on YouTube.

Huh. I now realize I’ve already seen that commercial a couple times. Never registered with me that there was anything to pay attention to, except that it’s cute.

They’ve decided to go with John Cena for the foreseeable future.

And it would feel good if it was just on the stupid comments (yes, I know)

I don’t know if they expected or anticipated this kind of backlash but they must be absolutely thrilled about it.

And racist youtube comments don’t count as backlash. Youtube comments are the best example of the worst people in the world.

I hate to be mean but; cite?
Why are we supposed to be beyond this? Because of the calendar? Because a “black” man is in the white house?

Three cheers to Cheerios. That took balls to make that commercial.

Bolding mine.

I think Cheerios knows exactly how in/tolerant some people can be.

I’ll bet that’s why they made the commercial. With a simple ad like that their advertising budget has been supplemented times ten at least. You can’t buy the kind of publicity this kind of thing has created.

I think the commercial is cute, and I can’t remember the last Cheerios commercial I saw. Makes me want to buy it, instead of the generic cereal.

Society will never change unless there is awareness and a push to make those that are bigoted realize that this, like everything else, is just normal life.

Now, I would also like some Cheerios. Good for them for standing up against racists and idiots.

I’ve been asked that in those words about myself and my daughter a ton of times. Rarely do people ask it in a different way.

It’s weird that a commercial with an interracial family causes such a stir when there have been many interracial families on TV shows for years and no one seems to be losing sleep over that.

Its because some Americans aren’t BUYING into it.

That’s an AD joke son.

It wasn’t so many years ago that commercials didn’t even have non-white people in them in the first place!

Has anyone here seen the movie “Things We Lost In The Fire”? It’s very good, although it wasn’t widely released, and stars David Duchovny and Halle Berry as a married couple (and yes, they do have some awfully cute kids). The racial issue isn’t addressed AT ALL, although I suspect that was because it wasn’t in the original script.

Keep in mind people are much more OK with a white husband with a black wife than vise versa.

Yep, they even managed to plug into a lot of Tea Party groups during the last election, even a close relative that also was multiracial (!) swallowed the propaganda and sent me lot of those “White Genocide” memes during the last election, even then I traced the source to very racist sites, it is a ploy for racists that think they are clever, but they only demonstrate how retarded they are.

“Called you in”? :confused:

I don’t disagree with you, but why don’t all companies make such controversial commercials to get all the publicity then?

There’s the whole problem right there. Go no further.

YouTube commentators deserve to be the first against the wall come the revolution.