Chocolate Chip Cookies with Walnuts!

That’s what one of my co-worker’s brought a batch of to share this morning. It’s 8:33 am here and I am enjoying a nice cookie with big chunks of chocolate and walnuts with my morning coffee… yummm!

I’d never let my kids do this for breakfast, but what good is being all grows up if you can break the rules sometimes? Or all the time.

There’s plenty to go around, anyone else want a breakfast cookie?

mmmmmmmmmmmmm
pardon the drool…

Sounded good until you got to the part about the Walnuts. I’m not a fan of nuts.

Walnuts?

Philistine! Pecans go in chocolate chip cookies!

But thanks for the cookie. :slight_smile:

I used to be just like you Dragwyr. But my tastes have changed over the years. I can still appreciate the simplistic virtues of a good chocolate chip cookie au natural, but my favorite is with pecans.

Nuts rule!

My wife can’t stand nuts in anything. By themselves they are fine, but not mixed into anything. So whenever I bake cookies it’s always half with 'em, half without.

I second that! I love nuts too, but my wife doesn’t even like the smell of them.

Now why would anyone contaminate a perfectly decent chocolate chip cookie by adding walnuts? :confused:

People who insist on putting nuts in other-wise wonderful baked goods make me worry. And ticked off if it’s a “surprise”; there’s nothing worse than taking a bite of something yummy and discovering an offending nut.

It must be in the air. My boss’s birthday is tomorrow, so I baked a batch of pumpkin spice cookies & brought 'em in.

So over here on the West Coast, we’re eatin’ spice cookies at 8:20 in the morning.

Ah, to be able to eat whatever you want, regardless of the time of day…
Oh, and walnuts make my throat itch. So I’ll sit this one out, if ya don’t mind.