City of Heroes 14-day trial, free to good home

If the offer is still available, I wouldn’t mind trying it out.

HPL when **TVGeek ** gets home, I’ll have him send you his (unless you get one before then)

Here are my thoughts on the monthly fee:
Before we had this game in our house, we would go out to eat a few times a month, maybe see a movie, buy at least 5 computer games a year, etc. We did all kinds of money wasting things just to spend quality time with each other and to have fun. If we weren’t out spending money, TVGeek would play on his 'puter and I’d watch TV or read. We got so comfortable with that, that we would sometimes go hours without even talking.
Now, we each spend $14 a month and we spend every night in the comfort of our own home, watching TV or movies while we play. We play on the same supergroup (Crusaders of the Armagedon) so we talk constantly while we’re playing. We have made great friends on our SG and we have a blast playing with them.
Since I bought the game for the man last June, he hasn’t bought a single computer game for himself. The only other game to come into our house was my copy of CoH for Christmas.
I can’t even begin to think how much money we have saved by staying home playing this game with each other. This is of course ignoring the fact that I spent almost $1000 for my own computer so we could play together :smiley:

I’d love to try the game if anyone has a free trial available still.

I still have my free trial. Email address is in my profile!

Come and get it!

Wow. I just about slashed my wrists last night. 4 hours downloading the game (1.1GB), installed it, then it tells me my video isn’t good enough. I gotta say, I went to bed in a lousy mood.

However, there is hope. I’ve got a better video card around the house, and I’ll try putting it in this afternoon. I’m almost certain it’ll be good enough.

Thanks again, CandidGamera.

Ah, yeah, it’s a video hog. Sorry to hear about the problems.

Thanks to Diku who has volunteered to supply me with the 14-day trial when he gets home this evening. I thought I’d never be able to find someone who still had theirs…

Looking forward to trying this out…

I would love an invite.

hawklight @ gmail. com

CG, you still have one?

Regrettably, no, that train has sailed.

But perhaps one of our other Doper Superheroes can provide…

Failing that, I can always circle the planet at transluminal velocity and go back in time a day or two…

Such a shame. I really wanted to try this game out.

Also try browsing the City of Heroes forum at IGN and GameSpot. I know that IGN’s VN boards has a free trial thread.

email me and I’ll forward one out to you as well.

Ok, so I have my trial code. Now what do I do with it? I tried googling, but I didn’t have much success on where to get the program, etc…

HELP!!!

Fringe, I strongly suggest that you just take the plunge and buy the game. I promise you won’t be sorry.

Go on, you know you want to. All the cool kids are doing it.

Lips, I’m pretty sure that whoever sent you the code should have forwarded the entire official offer email, not just the code. The email contains a link and instructions, IINM.

Sadly, they did not. All I have is a code that looks like one of those random letter/number codes you see on the back of game CD cases nowadays…

Anyone on their game computer can send you the program CoHUpdater.exe. Running that will begin the download for the rest of the game. Go out and have dinner while it’s downloading. It will take awhile.

Whoops! Lips, I’ll forward you the whole email tonight.
Sorry!

If this isn’t cleared up by the time I get home, I’ll send you the instructions I got from CandidGamera. There’s an FTP site where you can get Cohupdater.exe. Plus, you’ll have to register at plaync.com.

By the way, CG, I did get the game running last night. I spent 3 hours on Champion, because I didn’t want to be fumbling around and learning the ropes on Virtue where all of you could watch me. I’ll start a char on Virtue this afternoon, and play practically straight through to Sunday night, if all goes according to plan. I may even get up the nerve to ask to join CECIL at some point. Thanks again.

Saltire, join up and team up. Most of us run several characters, usually with some on the single digit range. Or you can team with a teleporter to hit higher level missions, sidekicked, and watch the XP-o-meter spin like a top. Besides you can’t be any worse than (thank Og she doesn’t read this board) Ms. D_Odds.