Coldfire, you're a liar.

[list]Let us count the lies
[li]I’m not “back again”. I’ve been here as steadily as most users. Not like the “regulars”, but like few users are among the “regulars”. The last time it was calculated, my count put me in the top %20, i believe. Live with it.[/li][li]I wasn’t responding to the words “moderator” and “fascist”, I was noting that waterj2 posts a lot of non sequiturs. He thought it was funny and responded with a joke. Learn to lighten up. It’s not alway you we’re talking about. This is a message board, not a class of brats with you cast as the long-suffering substitute. Did you know that if you never spoke, the threads would still go on without you? You never thought of that, I suppose.[/li][li]I’m not “one of the li’l critters”, if you mean trolls. I’m anti-troll and anit-troll hunters. I think all troll treads are stupid, and all troll hunt threads are stupid.[/li][li]“How fun” Yes, I’m here to have fun, same as everyone else. Why are yopu here? Not just to suck the air out of the room, I’d hope.[/li]Did I bring my friends? No. I’m not here often enough to pretend message board people are friends. They are strangers with a shared experience. If you have friends, that’s nice, but don’t knock the other 80% of the users who post with the crowd of the hour, not expecting to remember or be remembered by the others, just ships passing in the night and hailing each other for a little night’s entertainment.

Mu Mu saideth:

Link por favor

Here it is. FTR, I thought waterj2’s comment was on the mark in response to the OP, and it was Mu Mu who misunderstood, but that’s just me.

I don’t see how Waterj2’s comment was non sequitur, MuMu. Can you elaborate?

Yippee, I love having people talk about me.

I’d try to help Coldfire out by showing posts to support his assertion that Mu Mu posts mostly to criticize or complain about board policy, but the search function doesn’t like the name Mu Mu. C’est la vie, I guess.

Personally, I was just surprised to see Mu Mu out of ATMB, where I usually run into him (it is him, right? I have a vague recollection of Mu Mu being male).

Gee, Mu Mu, you must have really made a splash with the mods with those 92 posts…

Away from ATMB, and in the pit no less. A thread calling out Coldfire which also involves waterj2. You’ve got balls my man of that there is no doubt.

Now if only we could put something between those ears of yours we’d be really to rock. :rolleyes:

HeHe don’t you just love it when that happens.

God bless hangovers. ready not really in the last sentence.

Me go now and put a bullet in brain. Doh!!!

No, I don’t post much at ATMB either.
That’s the funny thing about it. I’m seldom in the pit, maybe 5 times, and 5 for ATMB, but they did make an inordinate impression on Mr.Coldfire (it is him, right? I have a vague recollection of Mu Mu being male).

I’m guessing it was on a thread he kept coming back to and back to and thought I was posting a lot.

I’d guess it’s probably 5 for GD, 5 or 10 for GQ, and that leaves 30 each for MPSIMS and IMHO.

I think that makes me typical. I like to read the Cecil and Mailbag threads, but have no way to contribute, since I’m less enlightened on these topics than the researchers. That’s why they are the least-posted-to forums, I suppose.

Uhmmmmmm, Mu Mu, I’m gonna have to agree with andros, and say WTF? Water2j’s comment was an accurate assesment of the OP, and got his point across very well.

YOUR post was one of the more random things I’ve ever read on this board. There was absolutely no reason for you to call out water2j, cause there was nothing to call out. He was saying more or less what everybody else was. Your response added nothing to the thread but brief confusion.

Maybe it wasn’t bad enough, by itself, to insight a moderator scolding from Coldfire, but from what I’ve seen of you, the vast majority of your 90-some posts have been bitching about something related to moderators, and therefore, it’s understandable why Coldie was on a hair trigger.

-Jester, eater of beef, creator of run-on sentences.

Let’s break it down bit by bit, in good Pit tradition:

[QUOTE]
*Originally posted by Mu Mu *
Let us count the lies
[li]I’m not “back again”. I’ve been here as steadily as most users. Not like the “regulars”, but like few users are among the “regulars”. The last time it was calculated, my count put me in the top %20, i believe. Live with it.[/li][/quote]

Not to worry, I’m still breathing. The thing is that I only seem to see your name pop up in administration and moderator related threads. You also seem to have a hard-on for waterj2. T’was a mere observation.

[quote]
[li]I wasn’t responding to the words “moderator” and “fascist”, I was noting that waterj2 posts a lot of non sequiturs. He thought it was funny and responded with a joke.[/li][/quote]

Apparently, sarcasm isn’t your strength. In other words, it looked to me waterj2 was laughing AT you rather than WITH you. But that could be me.

I’m quite lightened up. And I never held the opinion that this entire message board was about me. No illusions of grandeur here. Unlike your sad old self, who reckoned a mere response in the original thread wouldn’t get him enough jerk-off material, hence decided on opening a separate Pit Thread.
Like the heat of the spotlights yet, Mu Mu?

[quote]
[li]I’m not “one of the li’l critters”, if you mean trolls. I’m anti-troll and anit-troll hunters. I think all troll treads are stupid, and all troll hunt threads are stupid.[/li][/quote]

And you’ll never miss an opportunity to tell us all that we’re entirely wrong in our approach. Especially the administration. See my point yet, Mu Mu?

[quote]
[li]“How fun” Yes, I’m here to have fun, same as everyone else. Why are yopu here? Not just to suck the air out of the room, I’d hope.[/li][/quote]

Leave the Yopu out of this. They’re living quite peacefully on their South Pacific island.
I’m here to have fun, but also to fight ignorance. And boy, am I getting a lot of exercise lately.

[quote]
[li]Did I bring my friends? No. I’m not here often enough to pretend message board people are friends. They are strangers with a shared experience. If you have friends, that’s nice, but don’t knock the other 80% of the users who post with the crowd of the hour, not expecting to remember or be remembered by the others, just ships passing in the night and hailing each other for a little night’s entertainment.[/li][/QUOTE]

I was merely speculating about the impending arrival of 250 other ATMB/Pit residents with bad cases of Moderator Fetish. That’s what usually happens in that sort of thread. Don’t flatter yourself. The remark only has any bearing on you if all the other whiners are your socks too.

Now go play outside, and stay away from small furry animals.

Yep. That did it. I LOL’ed.

Or maybe he was talking about people from the Upper Peninsula of Michigan (Yoopers)?

Ok, so I’m surfing the SDMB, and I pop into the pit to see what’s cooking and I see coldfire, you’re a liar.

I blink. Obviously there’s been a mistake.

Relishing the anticipation of a gratuitous virtual bitch-slap fest, I pop open the thread and this is what I see: A guy with a silly sounding, but cool enough name who has no idea what the hell a real ‘liar’ is.

Here I was, expecting to hear a whack of juicy allegations regarding Coldfire’s malicious dissemination of untrue information, and how he is really a secret agent for the bad guys on a mission to promote ignorance… what do I get?

mu mu is upset about being insulted.

Man, talk about a let down.

And then

(as if I wasn’t already dissappointed enough)

Coldfire comes back with probably one of the weakest roasts I’ve ever seen him post. Sheesh. Coldy, cut down on the prozac. It’s making you too nice.

I’m going back to MPSIMS. :rolleyes:

Don’t feel bad, dewt. I’m merely saving the heavy artillery for those who warrant it.

After all, going anywhere above second gear here would be akin to killing a mosquito with an elephant gun.

My brother shot a frog once with a 12 gauge shotgun… from about 3 ft.

I’ll tell you something. It was pretty damn amusing.

I was kinda hoping for something similar here.

(bold mine)

I’m still having a problem with this math…

Mu ri.

What have we here?

A second-generation whining-about-mods-cause-I’m-a-flaming-moron thread? So the question becomes: do they reproduce sexually or asexually?

Jeez, man, if you only have a vague recollection, I don’t see how the rest of us are going to keep track.

Dewt, you are a sick man ! But in a good way.